The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Bruce Willis “Air Strike”

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Well, I made it through about the first 30 minutes of the film before I gave up on it.

The last 15 minutes were forced, with the final 2 spent frantically searching for the remote control.

What a hideously BAD film.  Horrible special effects, although the computer modeled Polikarpov fighters were nicely done as long as they weren’t actually moving.  When they were moving, it was cool how they could fly sideways. Back in my military days I saw ‘adult’ films with better acting.  But the 10 dollars I spent on the 30 minutes of this flick is by far the worst money I’ve ever spent in my life. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

And Bruce Lee movies had better voice dubbing. Ugh, that was hideous!

I see that the Hollywood “Blockbuster”  ‘First Man’ apparently bombed as well.  I never went to see it, but apparently the producers decided to eliminate the planting of the US flag on the moon, thinking having it would “offend” every person in the world except the Christian Right wingers in the USA.  Apparently they were wrong..... LOL. I love it when Hollyweird is too smart for their own good.

I wish PJ would just get on with remaking Dambusters. 

• Like 2

The entertainment industry here really thinks they can earn enough by catering to a very whiny 8% of the population who seldom actually buy their products, and they have been 'getting woke and going broke'. Most Americans (nearly 70%) are tired of the PC nonsense souring everything people used to enjoy doing.

My daughter was watching an episode of 'The Fosters' while I was making dinner a few days ago and they made a blatantly false statement concerning the 14th Amendment which showed the demographic they were aiming at.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

The entertainment industry here really thinks they can earn enough by catering to a very whiny 8% of the population who seldom actually buy their products, and they have been 'getting woke and going broke'. Most Americans (nearly 70%) are tired of the PC nonsense souring everything people used to enjoy doing.

My daughter was watching an episode of 'The Fosters' while I was making dinner a few days ago and they made a blatantly false statement concerning the 14th Amendment which showed the demographic they were aiming at.

Agreed on that. We best self moderate on this. (Evil laugh), because you know where it could go with a sligh push from those who aren’t present here. But I, unfortunately see our entertainment industry missing out on massive storytelling and profit opportunities, all in the name of political correctness. To appease your abovementioned 8%.

The public loves space. The public loves history. The public loves sci-fi. The public loves most of all space history. Apollo 13 was huge! The Right Stuff was huge. First Man could have been huge. The silly PC decision to edit out the US flag on the moon played as the silly, petty, stupid PC decision it was all over the world, and hurt an otherwise decent film. Then, the way the directors and actors brushed it off as if we were a bunch of redneck fools put the knife in and finished the job.

There’s so much space history to be told. I hope to see a world class production of the first man into orbit, Yuri Gagarin. You can bet your britches that I’ll get a lump in my throat and cheer when that rocket leaves the pad, even if the red hammer and sickle are on the side of it. Who cares. It’s space! 

• Like 2