The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

wow......... gas $$$

Jeff

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Some very good and valuable points here. Nuclear power has become a major boogie man for the mainstream media. And thorium option was as a result heavily neglected. I guess the real issue would be the waste disposal.

Oddly enough, these reactors can also be modified to use waste from uranium plants as fuel, in addition to thorium.

The salts used for cooling are themselves relatively resistant to becoming irradiated under the neutron bombardment in the reaction chamber, so they aren't nearly as hazardous as the old school plants. They aren't 100%, obviously, but nothing is and quite frankly the pros far outweigh the cons IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Minivans are absolutely fantastic. Probably the most practical vehicle i have ever owned. I love it to bits, more than my Mustangs. 

They definitely make more sense then most SUVs. Haul more people and/or stuff in the same amount of space. I'd get five of us and our bikes inside the Caravan without any issues. When we were doing 24 HR races, I'd take the centre bench out at the campsite and instant couch by the fire. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

NOT me boys, the bigger the better....

IMG_9098.JPG

For some reason, I've always wanted a 1 ton crewcab shortbox dually. Preferably with a big drag slick taking up the space of the dually tires.  Don't know why....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

For some reason, I've always wanted a 1 ton crewcab shortbox dually. Preferably with a big drag slick taking up the space of the dually tires.  Don't know why....

It's a guy thing, eh , Carl................. this rig of ours goes like a rocket 5.2 ( which is about the same as the old school 327 , which is cool just by it self), 5:42 rear end, GM Cold Air Induction ( like K &N ) and Borla tuned exhaust............ I LOVE the sound and the performance is amazing for a truck like this... I have to concentrate NOT to pounce on it all the time, but when I do...................... oh YUM !:wub:

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 2:05 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I've always wanted a 1 ton crewcab shortbox dually. Preferably with a big drag slick taking up the space of the dually tires. 

You could be speaking Klingon with this statement, for all I know......:D

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

You could be speaking Klingon with this statement, for all I know......:D

Ok, Phil, here is your first Klingon language skill lesson.... "One Ton Dually" is a good old American built pickup with dual wheels on the back and can pack a LOAD....... They all build them, Chevrolet ( the best choice ;)) Ford and Dodge

2015-Ford-F450-SuperDuty-2.jpg

very-nice-classic-lifted-one-ton-dually-4x4-1.JPG

dually-duel-2017-ford-f-350-vs-chevy-silverado-3500-vs-ram-3500-drag-race_3.jpg

• Like 2

And Carl is referring to the 'drag slick' in place of the dual wheels, is what I think he wants would be what the big trucks have as a 'super single' OR Knowing Carl and the boys it may be something like this.......................... for real drag racing............B)

408118_364861316866974_1643680336_n-e1357752555368.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Now makes sense, I don’t think I have ever seen one these this side of the pond. We do / did have some trucks with double rear tyres but nothing with the insane large engines........:lol:

Check this old hound out, massive horses....

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Now makes sense, I don’t think I have ever seen one these this side of the pond. We do / did have some trucks with double rear tyres but nothing with the insane large engines........:lol:

Jeff pretty much nailed it with the photos, especially the last one. 

If I did have such a truck, I'd have to fight my wife for the keys to it. Although she's Scottish, she grew up in Northern Ontario so no luxury cars for her. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff pretty much nailed it with the photos, especially the last one. 

If I did have such a truck, I'd have to fight my wife for the keys to it. Although she's Scottish, she grew up in Northern Ontario so no luxury cars for her. 

You guys are COOL, Carl.... folks after my own heart !

• Like 2

On 4/13/2019 at 3:52 AM, Jeff said:

all of you guys are STILL 1/2 price of what we pay in BC...... infuriating..............................................................sigh......................................................................................:blink:

Yep.... I don't blame what you may  have said to pump up the prices Jeff... blame the other nations!

Oh I pay £.1.12  per litre for unleaded petrol here ... but it fluctuates depending whether it's BP  or SHELL  or whatever.. 

The highest I paid 2 months ago was £ 1.20 per litre.... 

Today it's £1.19...( I have noticed they always put 119 or 112 as if seeing it Pences will make it less expensive!

Gotta have gas so needs must !:police:

Edited by MARU 5137
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

Yep.... I don't blame what you may  have said to pump up the prices Jeff... blame the other nations!

Oh I pay £.1.12  per litre for unleaded petrol here ... but it fluctuates depending whether it's BP  or SHELL  or whatever.. 

The highest I paid 2 months ago was £ 1.20 per litre.... 

Today it's £1.19...( I have noticed they always put 119 or 112 as if seeing it Pences will make it less expensive!

Gotta have gas so needs must !:police:

The old political line was that they paid way more in England and Europe.......................... funny thing is they don't compare our gas prices to European or British prices any longer, and they have also seem to have stopped mentioning gas was cheaper than MILK...... another funny thing, none of my vehicles run on MILK !!!! I could never figure the 'milk' comparison.... bottom line is they are ripping us off, and we let them..... and as they are the GREEDY ones, and keep taking and taking and taking from us, THEN complain the economy is going down the tank, and we regular folks can't afford to keep the economy going because we can't afford anything......................... is it only me or is there some sort of pattern here?? I was always under the impression that it was us regular folks that kept the economy working...... not just the few elected 'officials'................................................................................................. huh:wtf:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wumm said:

Canucks and Trucks... Make me think of Corb Lund.

Mighty Neighbourly...

That's what makes US Canucks !!  AND I hate to say this out loud, but many years ago, I did JUST that... 2 am a buddy of mine give me a phone call..... I'm the good boy and in bed ( alone ) asleep, and he, being not so good,was out horsing around and had a '76 Ford F 250 , 360 automatic 4x4 got it in a pickle and needed me to come and 'root him out of the rhubarb' ( a very Canadian term) to which my 1980 Chevy short box 350 4 speed 4x4 did just that for him .................. at 2AM!

• Like 2

1 Tonners are now very popular down here. Used to be only for Tradesmen in the Cities, and Farmers in the Regionals, but now every Man and his Dog seems to have one. Mostly Dual Cabs now as Station Wagon substitutes that Wives drive to Schools and home again, that never take a load in the bed or see mud in their lifetime. You often see stickers like these in the Cities...

IMG_20190507_045226.jpg.9544b7dd2494466cb6948203f2bbbee2.jpg

Ute as in "Utility" ( my Grandad used to call 'em "Tilly"s). In the Country, everyone just pitches in as needed.

"Rooting in the Ute" has a very different meaning here!

• Like 3