The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

TRAIN Models destroyed! Tsk!

MARU 5137

On 5/23/2019 at 11:33 PM, Jeff said:

Kind of begs the question...........................................................     WHY?  To What end, would someone even THINK of doing this ?

Cause vs effect, benefit vs consequences. The experience of vandalism is simply more fun to them than the fear of what might happen if caught. The thought of the consequences to the Victims probably isn't even a consideration.

Recently, there were reports here about 10 year olds being held in Custody briefly with Adult Perps because of a backlog in the Juvenile Justice system. Then there was an Academic on the radio recently, explaining that young people aren't mature enough to tell right from wrong until the age of 14. This of course sounds like pure bunkum to most of us... Unless the Juvenile has been raised in an environment where the consequences of actions aren't fully explained as part of the growing and nurturing experience of Parenthood. Throwing 10 year old Kids in Jail or subjecting them to Corporal Punishment might seem extreme, but it's hard to fast track an understanding of consequences to someone who might never have had the opportunity to learn at home. 

Not trying to be a bleeding heart here... balance is good in all things.

Namaste

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Cause vs effect, benefit vs consequences. The experience of vandalism is simply more fun to them than the fear of what might happen if caught. The thought of the consequences to the Victims probably isn't even a consideration.

Recently, there were reports here about 10 year olds being held in Custody briefly with Adult Perps because of a backlog in the Juvenile Justice system. Then there was an Academic on the radio recently, explaining that young people aren't mature enough to tell right from wrong until the age of 14. This of course sounds like pure bunkum to most of us... Unless the Juvenile has been raised in an environment where the consequences of actions aren't fully explained as part of the growing and nurturing experience of Parenthood. Throwing 10 year old Kids in Jail or subjecting them to Corporal Punishment might seem extreme, but it's hard to fast track an understanding of consequences to someone who might never have had the opportunity to learn at home. 

Not trying to be a bleeding heart here... balance is good in all things.

Namaste

Well, a swift kick in the ass wouldn't hurt either..................................

• Like 2

Yeah, but you can't do that nowadays...

I had this discussion with my Brother-in-Law, who's a Police Dispatcher and 20 years my junior. In my day, if a Cop found you doing something of a misdemeanor nature, he would literally kick you up the butt and send you on your way. And you took it, because it was better than what was waiting at home if he dragged you there by the earlobe.

So you took your medicine. And you learned the lesson. And you didn't talk back to either of them.

But Police can't do that anymore. Everyone's got a cell phone, everyone's a legal expert with honours from Google, there's not enough hours in the day to fill out the paperwork, you put someone away and they're out on the street again the next day, blah blah blah. Excuses left right and centre because it's just too hard. 

The generation of those now tasked to uphold the Law, have been raised with the same coping skills as the current generation of perpetrators. And so the cycle continues...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wumm said:

Yeah, but you can't do that nowadays...

I had this discussion with my Brother-in-Law, who's a Police Dispatcher and 20 years my junior. In my day, if a Cop found you doing something of a misdemeanor nature, he would literally kick you up the butt and send you on your way. And you took it, because it was better than what was waiting at home if he dragged you there by the earlobe.

So you took your medicine. And you learned the lesson. And you didn't talk back to either of them.

But Police can't do that anymore. Everyone's got a cell phone, everyone's a legal expert with honours from Google, there's not enough hours in the day to fill out the paperwork, you put someone away and they're out on the street again the next day, blah blah blah. Excuses left right and centre because it's just too hard. 

The generation of those now tasked to uphold the Law, have been raised with the same coping skills as the current generation of perpetrators. And so the cycle continues...

Oh , I know that for sure, my brother in law was in the Force ( RCMP) back int he day, and even a stern talking to worked, back then and my nephew is in the Force ( RCMP) right now, and he can hardly say anything with our some dip wad with a cell camera ready to turn him in, makes me sick..... a tern chat, or a kick in the ass never hurt anyone, and they learned their lesson, but now..... man sometimes this is not a nice place to live..... I hear you totally, but still this kind of mamby pamby BS is leading us down a road I don't think will be a good one in a few years..... but I do hear ya....

• Like 1

Age of criminal responsibility for children....   ;

The age of criminal responsibility in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is10 years old. This means a child is considered capable of committing a crime and oldenough to stand trial for a criminal offences.

In Scotland the age of criminal responsibility is currently 8 years old but the age at which a child can be prosecuted is 12 years. The Scottish Government plans to raise the age of criminal responsibility to 12 during 2018.

Whether you like it or not I have arrested 10year old  kids for criminal offences that even an adult wpuld wince at and they have ended up in court to answer  that crime.

Of course one is NOT allowed to "clip" a child or anyone for that matter around their ears; otherwise it means the professional Standards (once upon a time were called the Discipline  and Complaints department..more commonly know to us Cops ad D&C would serve the "offending " Police Officer for his actions with a Notice Reg 7. And interviewed. That goes for the way you may speak..ergo, swearing at a member of the public in person or over the phone should Public Joe decided to complain! ).

A Police officer  should be accountable for his actions absolutely BUT SO SHOULD the blighter who committed the  crime!

These thugs, vandals, hooligans start small and go on to bigger and more heinous  crimes !

So many European Rights  aroubd that a Police Officer feels unable to uphold the law in the way it was meant to be... FIRM FAIR AND LAWFUL! AND more Rights are for the aggrieved rather than the Police Officer trying his utmost to do his or her job.

When I was a kid  a Police Constable on beat would NOT ONLY clip the young offender but taking him back to his parent's h9me he'd tell tgem he clipped the lads ear for a midsemeanor at wh8ch point  the Parent would thank the officer and then give another  bigger harder  slap to put some sense into him  and tell the Bobby on beat that rest be assured little Tommy w9nt be misbehaving any more.  One of My English friends had tgat done to him.. he never misbeahavef and later became a Cop himself!

Some parents,as long as their kids are not bothering them, and are outta sight, don't really care.

I know..i have dealt with hundreds of parents with that attitude!

Anyway I  hope these criminals are made to pay for their actions and compensation  too!

Courts usually do.

• Like 2

Talking of 10 year olds.... 

Locked one up yesterday for Burglary... going equipped ... and possession of a offensive weapon.(a knife).. cheeky blighter asked "am I gonner get another bleeding caution?".

Nope if I can help it !

And I was on another mission...:hsmack:

:police:

• Like 1