The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

4 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

So sorry to hear that Jeff, my heart is bleeding my friend. Really, losing a pet, no matter what kind is always a big loss. Pet's are the most friendly, care taking and forgiving creatures to human's no matter what's happens to them. They have my respect and so are you and your family Jeff. These animals deserves so much care, so much love, just because we humans can never give them the love they feel for us. And still we give them a careful home which is safe and cosy, therefore they are family, and losing a family member is always devastating.:(

Greetz mate

Danny

WOW, THANKS, Danny what a kind thing to say............ my sentiments exactly, all we wanted is for her to feel safe , warm, and have a full tummy any time she felt like a snack..... I LOVE dogs so much and maybe that makes it a little tougher for me, I have found if you treat a dog ( like you say ) with respect, love and compassion, they will lay their lives down for you ( not that I'd want that, but you get my drift) their love and devotion is unconditional  ( yes even cats.... they love us too, but it seems a little different with them, I have always felt like 'staff' when it comes to a cat LOL), and yes Danny you are right no matter how hard I tried I could not match or return the amount of love I received from Rosie, as hard as I tried, and maybe that is why this stings so much........ as mentioned , she was the absolute love of my life......and yes, I will get 'past' this but never get 'over' her...... they sure have a way with us humans....................... thanks again for the kind and compassionate words........ it sure helps....

28 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Jeff, that does suck man, as I said before lost our last cat about 4 months ago after 18 years. We have both said that’s it no more, had our hearts broken three times now........thoughts for you and Cathy........

THANKS Phil, and we are sorry for your loss....... damn animals sure have a way to get into out hearts............... sure can be hard to get past.........

23 hours ago, Jeff said:

I lost my Beagle this morning................... my best friend.........................:(........................... I'm crushed...................

Hey Jeff 

I know how you feel we, the wife and I, are on our third Golden Retriever, his names Chance. He's getting up there in years and I think he may have cancer, a lot of lumps. When the last one Dusty died, from cancer, it really broke my wife up she couldn't eat or sleep for a long time. She had to have another one. Don't know what will happen if Chance passes away, I know she wont take it well. So I feel for you buddy.

Ron G 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Jeff. Our two Jack Russells are still pretty young, 8 & 6 yrs, so hopefully got a good bit of time with them but I'm not looking forward to losing them. We've lost 6 cats down the years and they seem to hurt more as we age ourselves. Last one went just over a year ago and I almost filled the hole with tears when I was burying her in the garden. Had to be a deep hole too, otherwise the bl***y dogs would dig her up again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Hey Jeff 

I know how you feel we, the wife and I, are on our third Golden Retriever, his names Chance. He's getting up there in years and I think he may have cancer, a lot of lumps. When the last one Dusty died, from cancer, it really broke my wife up she couldn't eat or sleep for a long time. She had to have another one. Don't know what will happen if Chance passes away, I know she wont take it well. So I feel for you buddy.

Ron G 

Yeah, I'm having a tough time eating.................I seem to feel a bit guilty doing so.................. although I can afford to miss a meal or two, still though.... I do ok for a few hours, and then my mind wanders and I head for a melt down again........ 6 foot 300 lb old fart crying like a baby... paints a picture eh??

And yeah, the BL***Y dogs would dig her up again.............................BUT at least you did get a deep enough spot to fill with the tears..... I didn't know I could shed that many tears, personally, and I'm NOT ashamed or embarrassed to say so....... maybe I'm not the hard ass everyone thinks I am..

Thanks guys, you compassion and personal anecdotes are, wonderful to hear, even if a little painful to relate, they are all good, and there have been a lot of pets on this forum that have it made with awesome loving families...... you guys rock !

• Like 4

Very sorry to hear of your loss, we lost two dogs two years ago, one was a surprise as he was healthy his full sixteen years. He was trembling one day and we took him to the vet. His white blood count was close to zero. We were told he only had a few hours. So we took him to see the kids and brought him back to the vet. He had cancer too.

It’s never easy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scooby said:

Very sorry to hear of your loss, we lost two dogs two years ago, one was a surprise as he was healthy his full sixteen years. He was trembling one day and we took him to the vet. His white blood count was close to zero. We were told he only had a few hours. So we took him to see the kids and brought him back to the vet. He had cancer too.

It’s never easy.

Thanks Scooby, and I am VERY sorry for your sad loss, they sure have a way of getting into a guy.... and they try so hard to love us the right way, and they succeed in every way..... we picked up Rosie yesterday, she is home again, and funny thing, I had a good sleep last night......firs tone since we lost her...... it still isn't easy as you all know, but it seemed a little different, reassuring? That damn cancer.............. Rosie had it too.......I wonder how and why they get cancer...... They never complain either.....

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, who I haven't chatted with for a while, and he told me that he lost his little dog, a short while ago, he watched as a cougar snapped up poor little "Willie" about 10 feet from him, he went after it............... sorta until he looked behind him and there was another BIG cat staring him down....... that was a real sad story..... geez,.......