The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Who is in for a Cybertruck?

Ryan

I would be reluctant to wrap my Dog's doo-doo in the pages of the kind of tripe dolled out by The Guardian (were that even possible).

The Guardian's rampant Left-wing rantings on the "Climate Crisis" verges on Religious fervour, and is so far removed from actual un-biased Journalism that it's becoming a laughing stock. Take this recent example...

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/26/australias-science-academy-attacks-cherrypicking-of-great-barrier-reef-research?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15751073267547&amp_ct=1575107328588&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fenvironment%2F2019%2Fnov%2F26%2Faustralias-science-academy-attacks-cherrypicking-of-great-barrier-reef-research

A report about a submission to the Australian Senate, where Scientists believing in the Climate Catastrophe urged the Government not to listen to cherry-picked data that didn't fit their narrative... And named Dr. Jennifer Marohasy as one of these. The trouble is, Dr. Marohasy's own report to the Senate was debunking another report by a Dr.Clark who claimed that a particular reef contained only dead coral... Dr.Marohasy found abundant live corals in the area, and supposed that Dr.Clark had only bothered to survey 20metres of reef where the coral was dead, and therefore fit her own biased narrative.

https://jennifermarohasy.com/2019/11/why-deny-the-beautiful-coral-reefs-fringing-stone-island/

Apologies if this is a little confusing, but the Great Barrier Reef is a passion of mine and my Wife. We were recently on Heron Island in the Capricorn Group; where we observed abundant sea and coral life, and took water samples for analysis which showed low Phosphates, undetectable Nitrate levels along with the expected low salinity levels from Heron's proximity to the mouth of the Fitzroy river (the largest water table emptying into the East coast of Australia.) Ergo, the reef is not only surviving despite run-off, but thriving.

Science isn't about consensus and Peer review. Science is all about finding out why the emperical evidence and the anomalies don't fit your theory. 

As for the Geeta Thunberg's of this World... Perhaps she should start by staying at home and attempting to do something about the more than $13 Billion of Mineral Oil and Fuel exports that Sweden pumps out every year, rather than telling the rest of the World how to live their lives?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wumm........... most interesting, you have NO idea how lucky you are to be able to go to the Great Barrier Reef, as for some of us, it is only on television, and books..... I must say I have a bit of an issue with this climate thing, I truly believe it is cyclic in most ways, as we have had ice ages and droughts LONG before we had factories belching out what ever it is they belch out.......... I saw a National Geographic spot not long ago where they found green palm fronds 30 meters deep in the high arctic......................... hhhhhmmmmm , and yes your last line is exactly how I think............... a number of years ago we had Al Gore , former Vice president of the USA up here in BC shouting the odds of this global warming thing, and he gets major money for his 'speeches' and goes home and our Provincial Government slapped a 'Carbon Tax' on us.................. collecting a whole lot of money and not another word was said, just another cash grab... nothing has changed here.....just more money out of my pocket, and yes the Gretas of the world, should maybe stay in school, and learn how to take care of her own back yard,, get a little life experience and then make some choices.......................... and how does such a young girl have so much power and say?? I've been around this earth for a while, and know some stuff, and when I say anything I am shut down immediately as a guy who know 'S.F.A.'..............................  huh