The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Who is in for a Cybertruck?

Ryan

To me, it looks like some horrid mashup between a Delorean and some hokey Monorail car found inside a Villain's Lair from a 1960's Bond film... which is a little ironic, as the DB5's bulletproof windshield from Goldfinger seemed a lot more effective.

It's a no from me.

• Like 3

A friend is thinking about getting one. I told him the deposit is refundable so he doesn't have much to lose. I think he did end up putting a deposit on one. There's some aspects about the truck that are appealing such as the option for three seats front and back and the various battery capacities. The styling is definitely unique. Too bad they didn't make it look more like the Land Rover from the otherwise terrible Judge Dredd movie (the Stallone one). I'm not sure about the door stop look. It might grow on me.

When we built our new garage two years ago we had it wired for 240V in case we do get an electric or plug in vehicle so at least we're ready there and it's one less issue. 

Carl

• Like 4

For 200 grand, I hope to Hell one gets BETTER glass !  :rofl:IF the one they show was the sales product................ ah........................ thanks but no thanks.................as I'm NOT an auto designer or an expert by any means what so ever, but it is the WRONG color to start with, it should have been a 'High Impact' color to grab you attention, has ugly wheels, and wheels can make or break a vehicle, and it looks like a 4 year old designed the shape......................  sorry to rain on anyone's parade or dream ride, but for me IF I were to drop 200K ( IF I had 200k to start with ) this certainly wouldn't be first on my list, and I won't even get into the un-drivability for us in the cold winters over the long mountain roads....... do they have any range yet? Naw........... I'll stay on "Greta's" naughty list and keep my new Tahoe......besides when every one gets the electric trucks there will be MORE cheap gas for my rig...................:rolleyes:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

For 200 grand, I hope to Hell one gets BETTER glass !  :rofl:IF the one they show was the sales product................ ah........................ thanks but no thanks.................as I'm NOT an auto designer or an expert by any means what so ever, but it is the WRONG color to start with, it should have been a 'High Impact' color to grab you attention, has ugly wheels, and wheels can make or break a vehicle, and it looks like a 4 year old designed the shape......................  sorry to rain on anyone's parade or dream ride, but for me IF I were to drop 200K ( IF I had 200k to start with ) this certainly wouldn't be first on my list, and I won't even get into the un-drivability for us in the cold winters over the long mountain roads....... do they have any range yet? Naw........... I'll stay on "Greta's" naughty list and keep my new Tahoe......besides when every one gets the electric trucks there will be MORE cheap gas for my rig...................:rolleyes:

I'm no stranger to truck ridicule, I have had (2) FJ Cruisers and currently own a Ridgline. :)

The design is certainly polarizing, but I find it pretty cool.

• Like 4

I think you'll be safe for a while yet Jeff.:lol: Same goes for the rest of us with summer cars or what have you.  

We'll be the old guys sitting on porches sayin' stuff like:

"In my day, we had to burn dino juice in our cars and play with carburetors"

Which the grandkids will think is a big myth :lol:

Carl

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I'm no stranger to truck ridicule, I have had (2) FJ Cruisers and currently own a Ridgline. :)

The design is certainly polarizing, but I find it pretty cool.

I'd love to get a 2nd gen Ridgeline. It's all the truck we'd need. But it only sits 5 and our next car has to be a 6 seater at least. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I think you'll be safe for a while yet Jeff.:lol: Same goes for the rest of us with summer cars or what have you.  

We'll be the old guys sitting on porches sayin' stuff like:

"In my day, we had to burn dino juice in our cars and play with carburetors"

Which the grandkids will think is a big myth :lol:

Carl

Carl, Ryan, Jeff and Harv

gettyimages-103117664-2048x2048.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do as you wish guys. If I had 200 grand to invest in an electric car, I’d get a Porsche Taycan... And as a bonus, whilst you old farts sit three-in-a-row in your monster truck, I’ll get three hot chicks in my beautiful, environmentally-friendly, car :lol: ... They can even be Swedish, if that matters :rolleyes:

Hubert

PS: besides, I am already driving an ugly electric vehicle, with two-passengers’s capacity, big tires, and a rear-loading platform ... when I go golfing :stirthepot:

• Like 4