Jump to content

Who is in for a Cybertruck?


Ryan
 Share

Recommended Posts

To me, it looks like some horrid mashup between a Delorean and some hokey Monorail car found inside a Villain's Lair from a 1960's Bond film... which is a little ironic, as the DB5's bulletproof windshield from Goldfinger seemed a lot more effective.

It's a no from me.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend is thinking about getting one. I told him the deposit is refundable so he doesn't have much to lose. I think he did end up putting a deposit on one. There's some aspects about the truck that are appealing such as the option for three seats front and back and the various battery capacities. The styling is definitely unique. Too bad they didn't make it look more like the Land Rover from the otherwise terrible Judge Dredd movie (the Stallone one). I'm not sure about the door stop look. It might grow on me.

When we built our new garage two years ago we had it wired for 240V in case we do get an electric or plug in vehicle so at least we're ready there and it's one less issue. 

Carl

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For 200 grand, I hope to Hell one gets BETTER glass !  :rofl:IF the one they show was the sales product................ ah........................ thanks but no thanks.................as I'm NOT an auto designer or an expert by any means what so ever, but it is the WRONG color to start with, it should have been a 'High Impact' color to grab you attention, has ugly wheels, and wheels can make or break a vehicle, and it looks like a 4 year old designed the shape......................  sorry to rain on anyone's parade or dream ride, but for me IF I were to drop 200K ( IF I had 200k to start with ) this certainly wouldn't be first on my list, and I won't even get into the un-drivability for us in the cold winters over the long mountain roads....... do they have any range yet? Naw........... I'll stay on "Greta's" naughty list and keep my new Tahoe......besides when every one gets the electric trucks there will be MORE cheap gas for my rig...................:rolleyes:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

For 200 grand, I hope to Hell one gets BETTER glass !  :rofl:IF the one they show was the sales product................ ah........................ thanks but no thanks.................as I'm NOT an auto designer or an expert by any means what so ever, but it is the WRONG color to start with, it should have been a 'High Impact' color to grab you attention, has ugly wheels, and wheels can make or break a vehicle, and it looks like a 4 year old designed the shape......................  sorry to rain on anyone's parade or dream ride, but for me IF I were to drop 200K ( IF I had 200k to start with ) this certainly wouldn't be first on my list, and I won't even get into the un-drivability for us in the cold winters over the long mountain roads....... do they have any range yet? Naw........... I'll stay on "Greta's" naughty list and keep my new Tahoe......besides when every one gets the electric trucks there will be MORE cheap gas for my rig...................:rolleyes:

I'm no stranger to truck ridicule, I have had (2) FJ Cruisers and currently own a Ridgline. :)

The design is certainly polarizing, but I find it pretty cool.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you'll be safe for a while yet Jeff.:lol: Same goes for the rest of us with summer cars or what have you.  

We'll be the old guys sitting on porches sayin' stuff like:

"In my day, we had to burn dino juice in our cars and play with carburetors"

Which the grandkids will think is a big myth :lol:

Carl

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

 

I'm no stranger to truck ridicule, I have had (2) FJ Cruisers and currently own a Ridgline. :)

The design is certainly polarizing, but I find it pretty cool.

I'd love to get a 2nd gen Ridgeline. It's all the truck we'd need. But it only sits 5 and our next car has to be a 6 seater at least. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I think you'll be safe for a while yet Jeff.:lol: Same goes for the rest of us with summer cars or what have you.  

We'll be the old guys sitting on porches sayin' stuff like:

"In my day, we had to burn dino juice in our cars and play with carburetors"

Which the grandkids will think is a big myth :lol:

Carl

Carl, Ryan, Jeff and Harv

gettyimages-103117664-2048x2048.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do as you wish guys. If I had 200 grand to invest in an electric car, I’d get a Porsche Taycan... And as a bonus, whilst you old farts sit three-in-a-row in your monster truck, I’ll get three hot chicks in my beautiful, environmentally-friendly, car :lol: ... They can even be Swedish, if that matters :rolleyes:

Hubert

 

PS: besides, I am already driving an ugly electric vehicle, with two-passengers’s capacity, big tires, and a rear-loading platform ... when I go golfing :stirthepot:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...