The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Has Combat Models ceased trading?

Is anyone on the forum in touch with Combat Models in the USA? My birthday is approaching and there are a couple of their 1\24 vacforms I've always fancied a go at. My wife swears she has sent an email, but there has been no reply...have they closed down? Does anyone know? I'd be most grateful for an answer!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

A guy that goes by the name “tigger” on LSP bought them a while back, I can’t remember if he named the company Combat, but you should be able to get ahold of him that way.

last contact info I had...

john@skywriters.net

John Wilkes bought the former ID models masters. Whilst his range has some common types with the Combat one, they are still different businesses to my (admittedly not very recent) knowledge.

Good luck with the contact attempts.

Hubert

• Like 2

Gentlemen, my thanks for all your help, replies and good wishes, greatly appreciated, all.

John is a very nice chap, I had the pleasure of meeting him at ipms telford a few years ago and whilst I am tempted by some of his range, I'm really after some of the 1\24 models that Combat list on their website, namely their Me 262s, P 51b Mustang and their Phantom F4. 

I like 1\32nd scale.....but I LOVE 1\24!!!

My thanks once again, I'll try another e-mail, keep my fingers crossed and let you know what happens!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

• Like 5

Hello all, 

Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news folks, but it does really actually appear that Combat Models has indeed shut its doors for good: two emails and no response. Unless some of our friends in the USA know differently...? I suppose they may be ill....or just rude!

what a shame. Hopefully someone will buy the molds?

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

• Like 2

I don’t know whether it will be correctly placed here.  but this is the last answer to our correspondence.  (November 2019) and wrote to me no longer Jeff.:(

"Dear Johann,
I'm sorry but we can't take orders at this time.But we are still open.
We are at least 1 yr. behind in orders.
The reason is the past 3 yrs. Jeff had pros. cancer and got over it.
Then he had 7 strokes,his last 1 was 3 weeks ago. But still going. 

Please keep in touch!
Many Thanks and Apologies!                   Jeff's Wife
                                                Kim"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, no. Well, now I feel awful, guess that 'll teach me to make smart a** comments. Thanks to Johann for posting and I apologise unreservedly to Jeff and Kim at Combat at what is obviously a difficult time. Is there no Web wizard out there that might help them to change their website to alert other customers of the situation? Although I think that's probably the last thing on their minds right now.  A real shame, they have some totally unique models in the range, even allowing for the increase and variety of models on the scene today. But maybe if the website is still up, they are continuing ? I certainly hope so.

Captain Boogaloo

• Like 2