Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

AliExpress question

JohnB

They are Amazon's greatest competitor on a worldwide basis.

I used them once for a paper model, and got my item. So positive in that sense. My wife who buys a lot of scrapbooking dies uses them sometimes, but prefers Wish's service. I wouldn't touch Wish personally, even with a six-feet pole. Conclusion, each one's mileage may vary. But, as far as AliExpress are concerned, they probably did not reach their dominant position without a good reason and a sound business model and customer service ...

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used them to buy counterfeit Magic the Gathering cards (the real cards are in the hundreds of dollars now) and it worked out okay; shipping can be a little long. They seem to be popular with a lot of people, and I haven't yet heard any negatives like I am hearing about Wish these days. But ultimately it might depend on which particular vendor you pick out of all the repetitive listings.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HubertB said:

They are Amazon's greatest competitor on a worldwide basis.

I used them once for a paper model, and got my item. So positive in that sense. My wife who buys a lot of scrapbooking dies uses them sometimes, but prefers Wish's service. I wouldn't touch Wish personally, even with a six-feet pole. Conclusion, each one's mileage may vary. But, as far as AliExpress are concerned, they probably did not reach their dominant position without a good reason and a sound business model and customer service ...

Hubert

Thanks Hubert, I appreciate the feedback.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I used them to buy counterfeit Magic the Gathering cards (the real cards are in the hundreds of dollars now) and it worked out okay; shipping can be a little long. They seem to be popular with a lot of people, and I haven't yet heard any negatives like I am hearing about Wish these days. But ultimately it might depend on which particular vendor you pick out of all the repetitive listings.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm considering using them to get the new Rye Field Pz Mk IV kit as they have a very good price on it. By the way, where are they located?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Indeed they have great prices compared to some local shops. But the quality is not the best one all the time. But I insist you read the reviews before placing your order. Their quality is lacking most of the time, and you will just waste your time and money. So check out the reviews carefully and ask the retailer as many questions as possible. It doesn’t mean that all the stuff they sell is awful. Sometimes, you can find some pieces for a reasonable price. I check the Ali express when I cannot find something at local stores.

Besides, I recommend you to use the aliexpress shipping tracking option. It helps to track your order and minimizes the chances of a package being lost somewhere.