The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello everyone, here is some of my progress with the big B-17. Spent some time adding detail to the cockpit with seat cushions, sidewall insulation and new oxygen hoses. You could go mad but I am trying to get a reasonable balance. Cockpit still has to be weathered but I am especially pleased with the hand painted boeing logos on the control yoke hubs!

regards David

AIR Modeller Magazine

B15-vi.jpgB18-vi.jpgB23-vi.jpgB20-vi.jpg

• Like 6

Greetings David,

Very nice interior on the B--17. Are you using Balsa wood to simulate

the floor, or are you painting it. ither way it looks great........  doggyh10.gif .

Mike

.... flagan10.gif .... usn10.gif ....d_0210.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

Scheme? Not yet decided and to be honest I am a bit frustrated that HK did not include the earlier tail gun as I would have liked to do a mixed bare metal / OD scheme. Bit O Lace was another consideration but it has the early style non staggered waist windows.

Yes the rivet detail is Archer Fine Transfers surface detail decal, and the wood grain is a mix of the two colours, also planning to tint them more.

regards David

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, a little more progress here as I struggle not to go mad with the interior details. Finally got the pilot's seats finished and I have been correcting the bombardier's nose position. The floor seems to reflect a stripped out example without the turret drive mechanism. I also think the bombardiers auto pilot control panel to the left is too wide as the circular floor panel will not fit so that has been adjusted

regards David

B25-vi.jpgB30-vi.jpgB28-vi.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...