The Great LSP Twins Group Build Starts Jan 24, 2024 - End July 3, 2024 ×

Why can't I post Photobucket pics?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I've been trying to post new thread and Photobucket pic links in the Great War GB, but it simply won't work. I've done it in the intro thread, but I keep getting a message saying that I can't use that image extension in the forum. Is there a work-around for this?

I was used to just formatting my own IMG tags over on ARC all this time but when I tried to

enter an IMG-wrapped PhotoBucket URL I got the message you mentioned. It seems the trick is

to go into 'manual' mode ....that's the little light switch at the top-left of the tool

bar. Click it and the rest of the toolbar goes grey. Then paste a direct PB link and

manually add the IMG start and end tag around the URL. When you click the light switch

again to go back into regular mode the image(s) will show up

On a related note: When replying in a thread I often get a reply-box (either the small type or the one after clicking "More Reply Options") where the toolbar is "misty". That means that I can't select a smiley or use the "insert image URL" options. I CAN however upload images from my HD...

Anyone know how I can get the toolbar active?

Hello to Everybody.

That's the manner I use:

When you are on Photobucket:

Choose the picture you wanna put in your topic.

Made a copy from the last row (IMG) under the picture.

Go on your topic in the place that you are writing.

Make a "coller".

That's it.

Really easy and never had a problem.

Hope this will help.

Cheers,

Jamme

• Like 1

On a related note: When replying in a thread I often get a reply-box (either the small type or the one after clicking "More Reply Options") where the toolbar is "misty". That means that I can't select a smiley or use the "insert image URL" options. I CAN however upload images from my HD...

Anyone know how I can get the toolbar active?

At the very top-left of the toolbar there's an icon that looks like a little light switch (well that's what it looks

like after you're told that's what it is :)) click it to activate the toolbar and expand images and smileys

• Like 2

lol ...actually thanks to Mike at LSP. I was having trouble because I'm used to just

writing the BB code. He pointed out the light switch to me. The other thing it's great for is

copying from one board to the other...turn it off on both and cut/paste the BB code

and Bob's your Uncle

• 3 years later...

I'm having the opposite problem of not being able to see photos posted from Photbucket. Instead, I get a pic with a message in it reading, "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".

I've looked in my settings but don't see a way to update my prefs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi CG,

if others don't see your PB-pictures you have posted somewhere, you have to update your account to a "500 Plus Plan" or use another source. If you don't see PB-pictures published by others, there is nothing you can do. It is up to the others to pay 400 bucks per anno or get rid of that annoying Company.  

maybe the more recent entries in that thread are helpful.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 1:53 AM, DocRob said:

Hi CG,

if others don't see your PB-pictures you have posted somewhere, you have to update your account to a "500 Plus Plan" or use another source. If you don't see PB-pictures published by others, there is nothing you can do. It is up to the others to pay 400 bucks per anno or get rid of that annoying Company.  

maybe the more recent entries in that thread are helpful.

Cheers Rob

Copy that. Thanks for the update. I'm not posting anything just trying to see what was posted but obviously can't. I didn't realized that Photobucket is now charging a subscription rate. A pricey one at that. It's laughable considering the cost of buying a personal domain and just targeting a pic inside an online folder. I also wonder if it's possible to point at pics on a Facebook account?