The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Marseille, The Star of Africa. Bf109 F-4Trop, W.Nr. 10137

Dave J

Dave:  love it when projects get to this stage.  Something about the 78/79 schemes.  Watching with interest as she comes to life.

Thanks for the pigment info.  I've been looking for a good acrylic clear but might have to try the Alclad stuff.  Cheers, Ralph.

Move right along... Oil wash was was done via my normal method with thinning down oil paints.. This was left to dry while I went out to a movie and dinner at my parents. Residue was removed with a paper towel.

DSC00401.jpg[/url]

I am trying out a few new products to weather the airframe...  I have been buying a few of the AK Interactive products, so I have picked up all the Africa Korps weathering related items... I started by brushing on the Filter over the upper surface and then using a paper towel, I blotted the towel over the painted surface to remove some of the filter. Then I repeated the process in the wing root/walkway area with the Africa Dust Effects, Summer Kurks Earth and Engine Grime..

DSC00403.jpg[/url]

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00405.jpg[/url]

I used the same method on the under surfaces with the AK Interactive products, this time using AK Naval Salt Streaks, and engine grime for the oil streaks..

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

As Jek Porkins would say.... All most there...

Just need to add the Pilot tube, Revi gun sight and the antenna wiring. Should have it completed tomorrow!

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Sheez, that was quick!  You've embarrased me into getting off my arse and finishing something, maybe I'll have the 110 done by this weekend.

Monday was a Public Holiday, so I got most of Sunday and yesterday on it!