The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Facebook jail

JohnB

23 hours ago, GazzaS said:

So...  how do we go about setting up another social network??  I suppose the first answer would be money...  and most of us just aren't that solvent.

Technically, sites like this one are Social Media. As are other Modelling-specific sites that we as a group are prone to visit. It's just about finding a space in which you're comfortable.

S

• Like 2

I see the freedom of speech issue brought up frequently when folks get banned from the popular sites, these are all private entities and like any private club, they can decide who belongs. I don't belong to any of them and in my opinion if these sites don't start doing a better job of policing their sites for political rhetoric, conspiracy theories, cancel culture, religious issues, dark web issues, racial discrimination, etc. social media will end up being the downfall of our civilization.

Just as politics and religion are not appreciated here the same should go for these social media sites.

Just my 2¢ worth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old Dog said:

I see the freedom of speech issue brought up frequently when folks get banned from the popular sites, these are all private entities and like any private club, they can decide who belongs. I don't belong to any of them and in my opinion if these sites don't start doing a better job of policing their sites for political rhetoric, conspiracy theories, cancel culture, religious issues, dark web issues, racial discrimination, etc. social media will end up being the downfall of our civilization.

Just as politics and religion are not appreciated here the same should go for these social media sites.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Agreed! That certainly would cut down on the crap posted there.

• Like 2