The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Tamiya t 55

Trumpeter makes a sets of workable tracks, no glue needed , they just click in. Quick and easy. Also the engine deck on Tamiya's T-55 is little bit out of proportions. I guess it is important to know what version (production subtype ) you going to build.

single pin

s-l640.jpg.2870c1d5cd61e2fdf932544bb1cd8c06.jpg

double, which requires a wider sprocket wheels as well, from T-72 etc.

55d7d6945ab76.jpg.ea67a7bfcafe699aa9eb0590038569ea.jpg

Cheers

Martin

• Like 6

Hi Paul, I built the kit some years ago in the Iraqi Enigma version. Its a simple and easy to build kit, typical Tamiya, but I enhanced it somewhat. I used Friul tracks and some resin wheels with burnt away rubber. I added resin parts for the extra armor and a voyager PE set and Voyager lenses. An area which has to be reworked on the kit is the plumbing for the fuel tanks. Easily done with some copper wire.

Cheers Rob 

IMG_8654.thumb.JPG.3a5e2fed360f3d3b47737c2ea8550456.JPG

• Like 9

22 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Paul, I built the kit some years ago in the Iraqi Enigma version. Its a simple and easy to build kit, typical Tamiya, but I enhanced it somewhat. I used Friul tracks and some resin wheels with burnt away rubber. I added resin parts for the extra armor and a voyager PE set and Voyager lenses. An area which has to be reworked on the kit is the plumbing for the fuel tanks. Easily done with some copper wire.

Cheers Rob 

IMG_8654.thumb.JPG.3a5e2fed360f3d3b47737c2ea8550456.JPG

Very nice work Rob!

Anyway, I just purchased some Master Club tracks from BNA in Australia for my future

T55 project. I also bought some Aber PE grills. I looked at some reviews of this kit and they're all good. Well, It will take forever for the tracks to come from down-under so it

Will be awhile before I start this model. Incidentally, I also purchased a set of friulmodel

tracks for a Trumpeter PT-76. These I ordered from a site in the U.S. I always wanted to

make a model of the PT-76 and the Trumpeter kit looks OK. It's a weird tank and ,as I've

said before, weird appeals to me

Paul

• Like 7

On 4/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bomber_County said:

Lead wire, it comes in various sizes.......

I actually have lots of lead wire in several sizes. What I need is some sort of complete

diagram of the lines. I found some great closeups of a t55 that was in Peruvian service

that helps. I was also wondering what to use for the small sections of hose that connect

the pipes together. I thought, perhaps, that insulation stripped from wire could be used.

• Like 4

I used copper wire for mine, it is a bit stronger than lead, which makes weathering easier, without bending the tubes.
I browsed through my spare parts box and found the attached sketch for the plumbing from the Voyager detailing set.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8667.thumb.JPG.48c086f5d50649c141f9256d36ca611b.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DocRob said:

I used copper wire for mine, it is a bit stronger than lead, which makes weathering easier, without bending the tubes.
I browsed through my spare parts box and found the attached sketch for the plumbing from the Voyager detailing set.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8667.thumb.JPG.48c086f5d50649c141f9256d36ca611b.JPG

Thanks

• Like 2