The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Fw 190D-11 "red 4" JV44

ArnieC

Hi Guys,

I will try to do the 1/32 Hasegawa Fw-190D-9 with a conversion set from a french (?!) companie. It is intended for a D-13, b ut I think I can tweak it to make it into a D-11. 

Pictures will follow later. I will start this build after the Scale model world (IPMS UK) in November.

Cheers,

Arnold

• Like 1

Thanxs guys,

Here are the pictures of what is in the box. When I bought another one from a American living in Holland, He gave me loads of extra's with it. All the masks and PE from Eduard I got in the deal. He also gave me some decals for free. Thanxs Burny. I don't know if I will use it all, because I am not a huge fan of PE. The cockpit, wheels and exhausts are from MDC. I don't know if I will use the exhausts, maybee I will get some from quickboost.

O, the conversion set is from Renaiccance.

The box content.

IMG_5241_zps7734ae10.jpg

IMG_5242_zpsc5783bc5.jpg

The goodies.

IMG_5244_zps1c671697.jpg

IMG_5243_zps9e77fa1e.jpg

IMG_5245_zps50026733.jpg

IMG_5247_zps9076b03c.jpg

The converion set

IMG_5246_zps4e74ef0d.jpg

The decals from Eaglecal.

IMG_5248_zpsb6536621.jpg

The scheme I want to do.

IMG_5249_zps38a2e9ad.jpg

This is it.

Cheers,

Arnold

• Like 1

Renaissance is Etienne Dhont from France Mike...

He makes mostly 1/43rd and 1/24th scale auto and 1/12th scale MotoGP bike kits, conversions and decal sets. I have some of his 1/24th scale WRC stuff, and it's pretty good quality, especially the decals. Not as good as Studio 27, but close.

Haven't seen his aircraft resin parts in person yet though... Link here:

http://www.renaissance-models.com/bis/

S

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

A small update. I have done some work on the model last weekend at a modelshow. I have sawn of the nose and replaced it with the one from the conversion set. The brake was on a panelline and very easy to do with a fine saw. Then came the trouble. because the brake line is on the edge of the firewall, you can't use some plastic plate to strengthen it. Now it's secured with only some super glue. When I will put the fuselage together I will see how to strengten this.

Here's a picture.

IMG_5357_zpsac330ec5.jpg

Cheers,

Arnold

• 3 weeks later...

Arnold

Why not temporarily use some tape to secure the join. Once you have the upper gun cover, engine insert and the wings attached there'll be plenty of support. It's just a bit vulnerable until it's all together..

Matt

• 2 months later...

It hase been some time for me to be back here. I have done some work recently on the model. It's not great, but it is comming along.

Here are some pictures.

The engine insert.

IMG_0021_zpsdb8241a8.jpg

The fuselage including the tail (witch is not jet attached.

IMG_0027_zpsa492455f.jpg

The nosejob.

IMG_0026_zps6ea6c87a.jpg

IMG_0028_zpsb306b37b.jpg

And finally the wings were I have used some inserts from a A8 for the wing armament.

IMG_0022_zps9d90a8b8.jpg

This is how far I have got yesterday and today.

Cheers,

Arnold

Nice to see you as well Jeroen.

Again some more done these last few days. I have made the gun holes in the wings for the MK-108 canons.

the ones in the A8 kit are to small for the fitting of the masters MK-108 gun barrels. So I hade to improvise with some plastic tubing. Here are a few pictures.

The start with the tubing fitted after making the holes a little bit bigger. I also hade to make a trench behind the hole so the barrels would sit right.

I forgot to take a picture of that, sorry.

IMG_0030_zps86d52423.jpg

IMG_0029_zps44ca0f8d.jpg

Here is the tubing after I have put some Mr. surfacer 500 on it and rubbed it down. I have put some silver paint on it to check for faults.

IMG_0032_zpsc27ddd66.jpg

IMG_0031_zpse96fb35d.jpg

I have also put on the tail and this is how far it is at the moment.

Cheers,

Arnold.

Thanxs Mikester. It was indeed a little bit of a strugle. A real strugle is the air inlet. This don't conforme to the sidewall. But after some sanding it was looking OK.

The only downside of a D-11 is that you also have to change the wings for the MK 108 canons.

I have been doing some work this morning on the MDC Cockpit. That is now almost complete to be painted. I have also found a resin seat with seat belts already moulded on from a previous bild. If the cockpit is ready and placed I can finally put the wings on. 

Cheers,

Arnold

• 1 month later...

I don't know what happend, but I am not gonna make it.

There were some other project that hase taken more time than I wanted to.

I am sorry for that. I hope to finish this one later this year.

Cheers,

Arnold