The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Mono-Chrome 1/16th Scale Stug III ausf G

Oh...the humanity!

20211218-042346.jpg

I'm going to see track links and guide teeth and hinge pins in my nightmares for weeks. This is just a sampling of the process of making three pieces into one moveable link. And there's 93 links per side....plus spares!

On a lighter note, I should receive the jerry cans and two crew any day now. This is about to get interesting which I sorely need after all this mind numbing track building. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Again nice work on the Stug.
I just saw, that there is a figure set out from das Werk for their Stug. Interestingly they don't mention it on their website neither does Scalemates. The usually well connected shop of Modellbau König has them listed and available. I thought I let you know.

StuG III Crew & Infantry Set 1/16 (modellbau-koenig.de)

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Both side skirts are ready for paint now.

20211223-060153.jpg

This will be the final paint scheme I will be doing...

20211223-060520.jpg

Northern France in the fall of 1944 not long after D-Day. I am a little concerned about the crew figures which I haven't received yet. The commanders hatch opening has a sighting periscope sticking out of it that takes away some of the clearance for his body. I have to wait until they arrive to see how much of a problem I have. The weather is cooperating lately so some serious painting is in store for the next several days. Tracks and underbody weathering are my main focusing.

• Like 6

Nice work!  I feel your pain regarding the tracks, I just finished working on the

tracks on my big Trumpeter T 72 project. It took me a few days of sanding and filing each

Link to do each side, 95 links per side. Anyway, I just purchased the big Stug  from Das Werk. I'll be watching your build.

• Like 2

Great work on the Stug! Is it me....or has there been a lot of interest in Stugs lately?

At least 3 big-scale stug releases lately.. and recently, on The modeling news website,

A 1/35 full interior Stug  was featured. It looks fantastic. Anyway, thanks for posting

your work. I can't wait to work on mine, but I have the big Trumpeter T-72 to finish, which frankly, I've lost some enthusiasm for. I've just purchased the Classy Hobby driver and commander figures in 1/16 scale. These are sold out on most websites and I had

trouble finding them. They look good, but my figure painting skills,....on faces in particular, not the greatest. Anyway, carry on with your stug project. Stugs  forever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I can help with some techniques I use, I will be glad to share with you. I used to do 1/35th scale custom figures for others....made a little profit to help pay for my projects. Two recommendations before you start.....get small dental brushes and alot of wooden toothpicks. They are invaluable!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well...after festivities were finally done and everyone went home, I was able to get some work on the Stug done....it's looking alot better now. The loaders hatch, periscope and defensive mg are on. Six water cans and two fuel cans are done. And one side skirt is base painted. I still have pioneer tools and mounts to do and I still haven't receive the two crew members...so there's still a ways to go yet.

20211225-232643.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1