The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share a Meme...

GazzaS

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Sorry...   this one is lost on me.

It’s a USA thing.  Red cases in background are Milwaukee power tools.  Kid upfront has DeWalt power tools.  Bring up tool brands anywhere and purse swinging starts.  Like Chevy vs. Ford.  High school rivalry.  Basically, immaturity. 
FWIW, I’m mostly Milwaukee but I love my Dewalt contractors table saw and garage shelving.  I also have Makita and a few other brands in.  I know guys with the attitude of “If XXXX doesn’t make it, I won’t buy one.”  

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

It’s a USA thing.  Red cases in background are Milwaukee power tools.  Kid upfront has DeWalt power tools.  Bring up tool brands anywhere and purse swinging starts.  Like Chevy vs. Ford.  High school rivalry.  Basically, immaturity. 
FWIW, I’m mostly Milwaukee but I love my Dewalt contractors table saw and garage shelving.  I also have Makita and a few other brands in.  I know guys with the attitude of “If XXXX doesn’t make it, I won’t buy one.”  

Yup exactly .....although in  the UK is more Makita vs DeWalt ...Milfickee isn't so big here. I went Blue ....all made in the same Chinese factory I'm sure . ...

And it's not immature ....the first ten minutes of any job should be spent slagging off the previous contractors work 😳....I learnt that when I did a basic elechicken course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

Yup exactly .....although in  the UK is more Makita vs DeWalt ...Milfickee isn't so big here. I went Blue ....all made in the same Chinese factory I'm sure . ...

And it's not immature ....the first ten minutes of any job should be spent slagging off the previous contractors work 😳....I learnt that when I did a basic elechicken course. 

Reminds me of when I was an auto bodyman and painter.  
More time was spent talking crap about who did the work rather than enjoying the finished product.  
Of course exception was taken for the custom painters that wouldn’t replace door hinges first and the door slapping the fender and quarter took big chunks of paint off the car.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

download-23.png

Go do some searching for Tom Mabe videos.  He was a guy that pranked telemarketers.  He had one where a carpet cleaning company called him. He went into a panic and asked how well they could remove fresh blood out of a carpet.  Like it was just put there in the past few minutes.  And a lot of it. 

here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohQCAFNrU60

• Haha 2

On 4/30/2023 at 5:53 PM, Ingo Ritz said:

Speaking of fruitcake does any one remember this?

fruitcake_can1-small.jpg

fruitcake_can2.jpg

Yes, I tried those when I was a kid, and you could still buy them surplus. I do not recall it being especially good, but edible. I loved the round chocolate cookies!!

• Like 3

On 5/1/2023 at 5:27 AM, ScottsGT said:

I have all of the above: Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, plus a bunch of Ryobi One+ 18V battery tools, and some Harbor Freight crap that should have died long ago, but hasn't. I'm loyal to whatever does the job and doesn't break my budget. My favorite ones are my dad's 50 year old Craftsman power tools that are still going as strong as ever, as opposed to the modern "Crapsman" ones.

• Like 4

On 4/30/2023 at 3:43 PM, GazzaS said:

344264114_695198945941668_7468754821229572985_n.jpg

And I'm fascinated that he didn't spend 2 seconds using spell check when typing the meme. It would seem that if you are going to criticize someone for making a typo on something so visible, you might want to make sure you don't do it too.

Can you detect that I'm a little disgusted with how dumb our society has gotten recently?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, biggtim said:

And I'm fascinated that he didn't spend 2 seconds using spell check when typing the meme....

Can you detect that I'm a little disgusted with how dumb our society has gotten recently?

I think that’s part of the joke…..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, biggtim said:

I have all of the above: Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, plus a bunch of Ryobi One+ 18V battery tools, and some Harbor Freight crap that should have died long ago, but hasn't. I'm loyal to whatever does the job and doesn't break my budget. My favorite ones are my dad's 50 year old Craftsman power tools that are still going as strong as ever, as opposed to the modern "Crapsman" ones.

Ditto!  I bought the Ryobi edger because everything else had a heavy motor up top I had to hold up or an older design with a small B&S driving a spinning blade via a belt.  That thing was 75 lbs that I would have to push uphill when edging.  I think I have about 1200 ft of edging I do when I mow. 
The Ryobi has impressed me so much that if it died tomorrow, I’d order another one. At first glance, it appears to be built like a cheap toy.  But it flat out works. 
Also have a Craftsman Skil Saw dad bought me as a house warming gift when we bought our first home back in 1991 or ‘92.  A few years later for our second home he bought me a wheel barrel.  Handles are rotten, but I’m going to “restore” it this summer. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ditto!  I bought the Ryobi edger because everything else had a heavy motor up top I had to hold up or an older design with a small B&S driving a spinning blade via a belt.  That thing was 75 lbs that I would have to push uphill when edging.  I think I have about 1200 ft of edging I do when I mow. 
The Ryobi has impressed me so much that if it died tomorrow, I’d order another one. At first glance, it appears to be built like a cheap toy.  But it flat out works. 
Also have a Craftsman Skil Saw dad bought me as a house warming gift when we bought our first home back in 1991 or ‘92.  A few years later for our second home he bought me a wheel barrel.  Handles are rotten, but I’m going to “restore” it this summer. 

I have the weed whacker, and I love that cheap-ass thing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biggtim said:

And I'm fascinated that he didn't spend 2 seconds using spell check when typing the meme. It would seem that if you are going to criticize someone for making a typo on something so visible, you might want to make sure you don't do it too.

It’s a tendency I see more and more on English-speaking forums, from native English- or American- speakers, to write with gross spelling mistakes. And it can’t be just the #!& »% spell-check that’s playing its (im)practical jokes ….

This is, however, far from the total illiteracy I can now read on French-speaking forums : the level of respect of French syntax is worse than appalling, and makes me constantly wonder how some of these people could ever get an A-level or Bachelor degree. It’s one of the key reasons - with an unchecked stream of trolls’ « contributions » - why I stopped participating in French modelling forums. I just wanted to rewrite some of these idiots’ posts in 36-font red capital letters, just to point out the unbelievable number of syntax mistakes in the original post. Really bad for my blood-pressure …

Hubert

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, HubertB said:

It’s a tendency I see more and more on English-speaking forums, from native English- or American- speakers, to write with gross spelling mistakes. And it can’t be just the #!& »% spell-check that’s playing its (im)practical jokes ….

This is, however, far from the total illiteracy I can now read on French-speaking forums : the level of respect of French syntax is worse than appalling, and makes me constantly wonder how some of these people could ever get an A-level or Bachelor degree. It’s one of the key reasons - with an unchecked stream of trolls’ « contributions » - why I stopped participating in French modelling forums. I just wanted to rewrite some of these idiots’ posts in 36-font red capital letters, just to point out the unbelievable number of syntax mistakes in the original post. Really bad for my blood-pressure …

Hubert

Hubert, I'm glad I'm not the only one left who is appalled by this trend!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

It's the "humour" thread kids ......no need to be Agents of Spectrum

5af41bc2c817d409507180ba837ee410.jpg

Ahhhh...

But "Once you have crossed the lines, there are no more limits" ;)

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Haha 2