The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Heritagecon is back!

BlrwestSiR

I got an email last night that Heritagecon is going to be held in just over 2 weeks. 

https://heritagecon.com/index.html

This is the model show and contest held at the  Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Hamilton. I asked my boys if they wanted to go and my youngest was absolutely excited to attend. 

The show is held in the hanger of the museum so their planes are accessible for pics. If anyone has requests, please let me know and I'll try to grab some for you. 

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

With the various vendors, there were many deals and some hard to find stuff available.

My boys had a great time and added to their stash. 

PXL_20220327_184047990_MP.thumb.jpg.de7e4953732ad7a2b672f25517bd0f40.jpg

I just picked up one kit:

PXL_20220327_184101847.thumb.jpg.a00a6fc3a5240589bde4f93fac01b5ac.jpg

Overall, it was a nice return to normal. It was pretty much as I remembered the last one I went to. Well worth the hour drive from our place. 

Carl

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Glad to see your son and yourself picked up some nice additions to the stash.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! 

Findlay likes ships and occasionally armour kits. He prefers battle wagons and I suggested the Tamiya 1/350 New Jersey  which someone had for $50 ($35ishUSD) but he thought it was too big. 

Edward builds a bit more of everything but was fixated on getting an aircraft carrier. He thought my suggestion of the Trumpeter 1/200 Hornet might not go well with Mom and bought the Antietam. 

Man, my kids are too rational...:lol:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, they knew dad would get it in the neck………thanks for sharing, so want to go to a show………

They actually said pretty much that to Sue when she asked how much stuff they'd bought. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was a good show, and obviously there was a pent up demand for one because it was crowded despite the weird weather. Carl and I must have crossed paths at some point but missed each other, however I did meet up with a couple of old friends from IPMS clubs in other cities I lived in...in previous lives. It was good to see plenty of families there too, indoctrinating the young ones. 

The aircraft table was easily the busiest with the most entries. I sort of expected more entries on the armour table, usually it's packed to the edges. Still though, so great to see what people have been up to during COVID. Carl covered all the categories well.

I behaved and only bought one kit, a Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A for a steal of a price. 

Anyway, here are a few of the large scale aircraft entries. Just quick snaps with my phone so apologies for the quality.

Richard

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1019_2.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

• Like 4