The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya F-14 VF-2 Bounty Hunters

Decals are done! I'm in the home stretch now.

DSCN2886-1.jpg

I need to finish up the ejection seats and paint and add some small fiddly bits to the fuselage and spine. The last thing will be to cement the tails, and this one will be ready for some glamour shots.

DSCN2888-1.jpg

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Looking good Bill. One motivational picture :)

12c6e6f679201c998cab2a227c5fbb75.jpg

Martin, I wish the folks at Milspec would have had access to that photo prior to releasing their decals. The NK tail code in my set is way too big, and doesn't have the yellow outline (never mind that they have you apply them to the inner surfaces of the tails). Regardless, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

DSCN2902-1.jpg

• Like 6

Bill

Steller build and enjoyed following your progress from day one. Completely agree, how Milspec could have so many errors with their decals on the tails. A few times a month I have an opportunity to drive past and stop once in a while t the Grumman memorial Park in Calverton and just star in awe at the F-14A on display. What a gorgeous airplane.

• Like 2

Great build and paintjob on that beautiful beast Bill. I love the high-viz schemes on the F14, they emphasize the elegance in the brute. The Tomcat is by my favorite western jet ever, maybe not as iconic as a F-104 or F-4, but design and that it was makeable at the time, makes it a standout.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2