The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fisher Twogar back on the bench

John

Nice save for sure. 

I was lucky when I built my Sea Fury, Paul was able to send me a few "rejected cowls and wings" and from all the parts, I found a set that worked. Paul always stood behind his work and was there to help. Just so sad, what he and his family experienced with the forest fire, losing everything. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I have two of these. On one, the fuselage is so badly warped it doesn’t know if it’s coming or going.   I MIGHT try a pot of hot water to see if it has a memory, but it might remember it was once primordial soup 

Is toss it in and forget about it for a few hours.  Gotta be warmed up all the way to the core.  

• Like 2

On 11/24/2022 at 12:55 PM, ScottsGT said:

Is toss it in and forget about it for a few hours.  Gotta be warmed up all the way to the core.  

In my VERY humble opinion that is a risky undertaking. However, give it a try and let's see what happens.........😎

• Like 2

John

With my luck, I would forget the model is in the hot water for way too many hours and melt it to a ball a Silly Putty. I've actually never had any luck straightening out warped solid resin parts and have been very fortunate to have been able to call and get replacements from Paul. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

John, you always do a great job with seats and in particular,seat belts. Whether they're PE, fabric, plastic (still don't know what witchcraft you use with the Finemolds one) or moulded on, they look fantastic.

Carl

Thank you Carl. :) The belts on this build were a little bit tricky. Thanks goodness for CA glue and Zip Kicker! LOL

• Like 3

Making good progress today. Fitting the wings to the fuselage took a lot of sanding and trimming but I finally was able to get a acceptable if not perfect fit. The horizontal tail was a high cuss factor operation but thanks to a lot of CA, Zip Kicker, and strip plastic that is done. I managed to break off part of the right splitter plate for about the 4th or 5th time! VERY thin and fragile. 🤪

11-27-22 002.jpg

11-27-22 001.jpg

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Sure, looks like the cuss factor paid off in big dividends and the Twogar is looking mighty good. 

Thank you Peter. Yes indeed, I cussed it into shape! LOL I plan to spray some flat white as a primer and then do some tests to be sure there's no peel-off. Fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great there John. 

Yeah, those splitter plates are quite the PITA aren't they?

Carl

Are they ever Carl. It's funny, I've broken the one on the right several times but never the one on the left. Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1