The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fisher Twogar back on the bench

I have tried to get this one done a couple of times but have never been able to correct the wing droop. The left wing isn't too bad and I can live with that but the right wing has a noticeable droop. Not much but enough that I see it and want to fix it. I've tried hot water, hair dryer, etc with no luck. The resin is just too thick. So now I'm gonna get really serious about it! LOL Surgery is called for! I will make shallow cuts where the wing attaches to the intakes and try to raise the wing just enough to correct it. Then lay in a strip of sheet plastic to keep it situated and then apply CA glue along the cut/sheet plastic. That should give me a corrected wing angle (I HOPE). I don't want to cut the wing off as I think it can be corrected without that. We will see.🤪

11-22-22 B 001.jpg

11-22-22 B 002.jpg

11-22-22 B 003.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Oh man, I have this in the stash. Don't think mine is warped but the intake is cracked.

Carl

One of the intakes on mine was broken off but I can CA it back on. I wrapped some card around both so I don't accidentally break them while doing the "surgery". 🙄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Some radical surgery but it worked - the wings have what seems as the same degree of anhedral. Nice going - pretty radical fixed but it was the best option left.

Thanks Peter. Thinking outside the box! LOL :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

One of the intakes on mine was broken off but I can CA it back on. I wrapped some card around both so I don't accidentally break them while doing the "surgery". 🙄

I saw that and will have to copy that. One of them on mine is broken but I don't have the bit that broke off. Paul was about to send me a replacement when he had his fire. 

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Good luck John.  Hope you don't have to resort to the, uh, techniques shown in Martin's video.  I'm still not quite sure what the hell that was.

Me either Mike!🤪 I got the wing re positioned okay. I slipped a couple of this pieces of strip plastic in the cuts then CA glued 'em. After that was dry I applied a coat of white putty and now I'm waiting for that to dry enough to sand. :)

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I saw that and will have to copy that. One of them on mine is broken but I don't have the big that broke off. Paul was about to send me a replacement when he had his fire. 

Good luck fixing that Carl. Maybe a couple pieces of thin plastic stock will work using the unbroken one as a guide. 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's a couple of shots to show the cut on top of the wing. I slid in a short strip of thin plastic in to give the putty some help There's one on the underside also but I figure you get the idea. The angle is just about right now. I'll finish sanding and smoothing it out this evening. :)

11-23-22 001.jpg

11-23-22 002.jpg

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Awesome work, John. I have a Fisher Tempest in the stash; it's way down in the build queue.

I go on vacation for a week and you've completed a 104 and got a good start on this one. Do you ever sleep?

Thanks Bill. I always try to keep SOMETHING on the bench. :) The drawback is they multiply like rabbits!!!!! LOL

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I have two of these. On one, the fuselage is so badly warped it doesn’t know if it’s coming or going.   I MIGHT try a pot of hot water to see if it has a memory, but it might remember it was once primordial soup 

I'm glad mine wasn't like that. Good luck fixing it Ernie! 🙄

• Like 4