The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Revell/Dragon Me-110 1/32

I have been working this one over since I finished the Tigercat .The copit has taken some time paint is Mrhobby lacquer(seems a bit green for RLM02) and the dressing is Quintas liking these guys more and more.I am not far from buttoning up the fuse all in all probably 20hrs in this area when said and done.I still need to finish the cannons underneath the radio area.The fit looks good thus far right were it should be got to get some lunch 1:30 now been at it since 8AM.;)

Me-110 001.JPG

Me-110 002.JPG

Me-110 003.JPG

Me-110 004.JPG

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks like Revell fixed the errors in the  instructions that the Dragon versions had. 

I was not aware of any issues but Dragon can be that way at times.:hsmack:

• Like 3

Yeah Peter this plane just falls together the fuse is already buttoned up might might take 10/15 sanding and polishing maybe.I am about to build the weapons bay in the nose and on to the engines not doing anything fancy since it will be buttoned up.;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I drop a pick before the airshow today at Keesler.The LG assembly according to the instructions was poor without clear indications of the manner position said pieces.I found it necessary to build the A-arm on roof of WW and move out from there.The instructions had one build the whole LG outside the WW and position just did not happen I had to disassemble the first and start over being wrong.The engines are basic.The nacelles around the engines again poor instruction to locations via pics presented.I found it best to assemble everything to the lower wing,install engine/WW,assemble wing and build the upper Nacelle into place.I still needed filler but nothing major.The fit of the wing looks good thus far what you see Now is not glued.The LG final assembly was the high point of this area and to me very Nice and strong. ;)

Me-110 001.JPG

• Like 7

Kev

Nice progress and looking good. Just a shame, Revell like so many other kit manufacturers, just do not devote enough time and energy to the instructions, with regards to exact part location, orientation and ensuring the instructions are clear and easily understood - leaving pout the guess work. Clear and concise instructions are so important to enjoying a build and so often overlooked by the manufacturer. Overloaded and jammed packed pages don't cut the mustard - just adds to the confusion. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Overloaded and jammed packed pages don't cut the mustard - just adds to the confusion. 

I agree Peter!The Airshow was pretty good not enough vintage A/C but for the first one since 2019 I'll take it.The CAF had a few planes and had brought along the Tora brigade and was really pretty cool I thought I was watching the Movie.The sound of a double row of Radials is just something to love and the B-25 "Yellow Rose" did it's part,The Mig-17 I have seen it before but was a screamer today.The event then moved from the flight line to the beach GOM @3pm for the Thunderbirds I got some good parking about 1 mile from the main spot and sat on the boardwalk on the beach with literally thousands of other people .......frigg'in Nice!!The TB's when sideways over the GOM about a mile out even though white looked silver in the sunlight..cool.;)

• Like 3

I have gotten a little accomplished over the last couple of weeks been working out of town turning 10hr days into 12 but that seems to be finished for now.The cowls on the other engine a bear as much as the first requiring a little more filler than the first.....maybe I should of followed the instructions version of assembly but I hate to put on the exhaust before the paint.The bomb rack under the fuse while the holders for the sway of the bombs have locating pins no holes in the rack or were to drill I look at the pics drilled and applied.The wheels are not glued in yet just there and That's the correct angle for the main LG had to go look that one up.The copit with the Quinta's  is a Nice combination worth the few extra bucks.Guys RLM02 for the main bombs can never remember for Luft A/C?I have no filler for the upper wing joint and could almost forget about the bottom but I will pay it the little attention that is needed.The build overall has been quite Nice to me I give the fit 85/90 and the instructions 75/80 with the engine nacelles being the worst part of the kit ditch the engines and drop in a plate for the exhaust would be my solution if a redo should happen.;)

Me-110 001.JPG

Me-110 002.JPG

Me-110 003.JPG

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Nice big bird Kevin, what camo did you chose?

Cheers Rob

Going Wasp boxart Rob never done that one before and this is my 2nd 110 in thirty years last one was a 1/72 I never finished.;)

Revell.jpg

• Like 4

Hey Peter I remember right you use "Ask" mask?Do you use the interior?if so what's your thoughts whether really worth it?I have to pieces I have to use the interior since they were interior braces to glass but damn I've been masking for 2hrs and still not quite finished and much less if I go all the way with the interior.:hsmack:

Petere went ahaead and did the inside on all ............curiosity ;)

• Like 2

Getting close to the finish line fellas.The paints are all MrHobby lacquers and slowly learning the curve here if paint builds up on your forks of the airbrush it's to thick.I am thinking that these paints thin out like 60/70 thinner?:dontknow: I hope she comes through with some approval from you guys I'm thinking when all said and done she will be a smart looking crate.;)

I think the yellow is a bit bright but no RLM04 was to be had this is Tamiya's yellow and not RLM04.

:hsmack:

Me-110 001.JPG

Me-110 002.JPG

Me-110 003.JPG

Me-110 004.JPG

Me-110 005.JPG

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice job on the mottling as well as the overall paint job.

Thanks Carl as to the weathering that I have not decided may just be a dusting and some panel lines.:dontknow:

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Very nice paint work Kevin! 

Thanks Gary my first mottling was thin paint extra fine needle(whole plane actually) @25psi worked real good then something happened to were I went to 18psi come out like a blob it works but I like making characters if it makes sense.I draw.;)

Gary I like to use the extra fine tip and keep it moving non-stop in a section I like the kinda faded look not as good as another fella I know but I can accomplish this in 2/3 hours to his 10+ hours.I have a couple of pics of his work he works at high pressure Tamy Acrylics and many little dots!!:hsmack:

62_Dk Green Started_2469.jpg

5_Finished_2657.webp

• Like 7

Your Messerschmitt looks absolutely fantastic Kevin, the paintjob is great with the subtle mottling. On my H&S Infinity airbrush, I don't use the forked protective cap anymore. There is less sputter and it's easy to clean the needle with a cotton bud, soaked in thinner. It's easy to bend the needle though, only yesterday, I hit the side panel of my spray booth with it and bent it terribly. I bent it back (soft steel it seems) and gave it a new finish, using my Japanese grinding stone, honing the tip with 6000 grid.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

Kev

Cammo looking mighty good. 

I shoot Mr Color quite a bit and exclusively when I need a gloss finish right out of the gun. I normally thin MC 75/25 paint to thinner and work at around 1 - 1.5 bars (easier to read Bars then the PSI on my Sparmax's tiny pressure gauge). Most air brush work is with either a H&S Infinity CR Plus with a .2 or .4 tip. I'm too much of a chicken not to use the protective fork cap as replacement parts are in the same price league as an ounce of gold.   

Yup, the yellow fuselage band is a spot bright and agree that with a bit of a weathering wash, will tone down just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1