The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Northrop P-61A „Bleck Widow” 1:48 GWH

Kriss

TRAGEDY!!! It so happened that part of my glazing disappeared. I searched all over the workshop and couldn't find it so I was left with no choice but to emboss myself with a speech part. The work in progress is.

3GiMOfj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Masking completed, now painting. And a change of concept, I wanted to make the radar cover transparent and milky so it would be visible. But this concept fell through because I misbalanced the model and the radar would not be visible.

KNHkBpo.jpg

8026L2D.jpg

DhccQrL.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Kriss

Nice progress and good to the P-61 is ready for the paint shop. Mot sure of what your plan is on dealing with the missing glass.:construction:

I am making a hoof and will vacu-stamp the missing piece.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 4:25 PM, Kriss said:

The first colour of camouflage already applied, I did the delicate shading with a lighter grey colour.

NbTQ7tB.jpg

Damn, this is a big bird in 1/48.  It is positively huge in 1/32!!  Love the white/gray basing.  This will turn out beautifully.

• Like 2

There was a bit of playing around with the camouflage on top, shading the surface so as not to overdo it, and that's how it came out. I didn't manage to keep the radar and I wanted to make a milk-coloured transparent cowl through which you could see it. Instead of the radar, I had to put a weight in there and I painted the cowl a milky colour. And as you can see from the photos I don't yet have a place to do a photo shoot, my studio like the rest of the house is under renovation.

LTVvSUP.jpg

• Like 7

I managed to finish the P-61 A "Black Widow" from GWH, the model depicts the machine with its own name "Lady Gen", Florennes, Belgium, december 1944. The rest of the pictures will be in the gallery.

4gR0gF2.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2024 at 5:17 AM, Martinnfb said:

Why the white nose?

Some aircraft had a milky radar cover and it could be seen. I had planned to make it like that but unfortunately in place of the radar I had to give a load so that it was standing on the landing gear rather than sitting on the tail. 

• Like 2