The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Northrop P-61A „Bleck Widow” 1:48 GWH

Kriss

After my long absence I'm back with another workshop thread, this time I have a Northrop P-61A "Black Widow" from GWH and in 1:48 scale. The model straight out of the box I think, because I don't plan any additions to it. Unless something goes wrong. The model is familiar so I won't be taking photos of all the frames and will limit myself to just these photos. There are two camouflage paints, an all black Burma aircraft and a European theatre of operations grey/olive with invasion stripes and this is what I will be building. So much for the introduction.

JjBkB6n.jpg

N6lK3F8.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The interior of the cabin, however, went for valorisation, missing parts were added and some were changed to new parts. The wires made of wire are finer than those cast on the model. I also added handles in the rear cabin. The fuselage sides are almost done, now the rest of the cabin interior. You can see everything in the photos.

rjcLN9n.jpg

pZm10qO.jpg

1CcKRcF.jpg

JTT6N5m.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Kriss

Awesome choice for your next build and the paint scheme is going to surely look the part. Will be along for the entire journey.

:popcorn::construction:

I'm counting on you, and on you to persevere to the end of the build. 

• Like 2

And it was supposed to be straight out of the box, but how does it go? As I always do, I have to correct something because otherwise I don't think I can build the model anymore. Now back to the model, you can see the improvements in the photos. I've looked at a couple of build reports and a little bit of pictures of the originals . But this is not the end of the improvements in the cabin.

MfRXNC1.jpg

qfBZCNa.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While trying to put the fuselage together I noticed such an empty space and in the pictures of the plane it is built up there. So I decided to build it up too. And this is how it came out for me.

GOzGfym.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This is what the interior looks like before sealing. I looked at other accounts and fitted a load, the barrel ends were also cut off because they would get in the way when painting. Also there was a problem with the instrument panel, which I simply moved forward and the problem was over. Just when I thought I had solved all the problems, I had to move the sight downwards, which I did, because the glass didn't fit. The interior is now complete.

RZeWNuY.jpg

CjqasFX.jpg

Y3alyU0.jpg

51dO7fW.jpg

HJ1KnKk.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1