The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

One of the unique joys of Texas living.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

This enemy somehow got behind the lines and was pursued to where there was no more room to maneuver.  
All attempts at close quarters engagement failed, as the enemy was agile and wiley.  
After several attempts were made, a carefully planned high altitude strategic bombing campaign was developed, and through the use of a specially developed Mk. la eyeball sight unit, thick body wash was dropped from dizzying heights, the invader was eliminated.

There was concern about any initial near miss causing the enemy unit to quickly move under cover, but the first glob was a very near miss, entangling one side. Subsequent globs eliminated the threat, and a Mop Up unit was then employed to sanitize the area.

My wife was quite relieved that carpet bombing was not called for this time. 

C9556829-4504-411F-ACAB-0A09A17F0428.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

This one may be a nasty one (as happens often in Texas and Australia with wild life ;) ) but Patricia had me develop a special variant of carpet bombing, called « slipper crushing » … The issue is that I then get some complaints about collateral damage and the need to mop up the spider pulp 🙄

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, HubertB said:

This one may be a nasty one (as happens often in Texas and Australia with wild life ;) ) but Patricia had me develop a special variant of carpet bombing, called « slipper crushing » … The issue is that I then get some complaints about collateral damage and the need to mop up the spider pulp 🙄

Hubert

Let it dry and then it vacuums up.  We get invaded by crickets every year. They get literally everywhere.  Cricket parts and pulp is a miserable fact of life every October.  Every spring, we get June bugs by the millions. They’re here about 6 weeks, and then gone. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Here on the island it's: ticks with Lyme Disease, termites (needing an exterminator), bees, wasps and loads of ants - black not red. 

We have Fire Ants, Coyotes, Bobcats, Cougars, Wild Hogs, Copperheads, Cottonmouths, Rattlers, Coral Snakes, sharks with giant laser beams, and scorpions big enough to carry you off whole. Plus the chupacabra.   Heck, we might even have Drop Bears for all I know. 

• Haha 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Ernie

Glad I live on Long Island - way too dangerous living in the Lone Star State.

But where we excel is in our world famous traffic, especially on the LIE and our bridges and tunnels heading into Manhattan .  

Oh I know.  Ibe travelled up and down the LIE many times.  Insane. I’d come from Carteret, NJ to visit friends in Islip, and it was a real roll of the dice 20 years ago. Can’t even imagine today.

• Like 1