Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

My wife has been gaslighting me

ScottsGT

For years now I’ll I’ve heard from her us “You have over 300 kits!  You don’t need anymore models!”  

Yesterday afternoon I did a count.  I can only come up with 170.  

How do I tell her I get to buy the next 130 kits guilt free with no complaining from her without winding up in the ER explaining to the Doc why a 1/32 Phantom is parked where it shouldn’t be? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Sell the kits have an around the world holiday 😀.....I can knock out 2 a month , so 170....thats 7 years worth for me at least.....

FYI my stash is a whole ....20 today  .( £800 tied up) ..stuff I've lost interest in or just had knocking around too long gets sold .  

Just my opinion . 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s a pretty good lick Panzer.  I’ve busted my hump this year to see what I could knock out.  Now granted, I took on some tough subjects.  Our wet group build was 3 alone.  
I fought with that vintage warped up F-14 and then highly rebuilt the Sea Fury with Fisher goodies.  
I’m at 8 completed this year, and deep in paint mode on the Blue Angels Phantom.  I’m hoping it’s done by years end.  And the little funster 109 should also be done.  If it all falls together I’ll hit 10 this year.  
last year I set up my new build bench and paint booth and got a late start, but got 5 done. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

That’s a pretty good lick Panzer.  I’ve busted my hump this year to see what I could knock out.  Now granted, I took on some tough subjects.  Our wet group build was 3 alone.  
I fought with that vintage warped up F-14 and then highly rebuilt the Sea Fury with Fisher goodies.  
I’m at 8 completed this year, and deep in paint mode on the Blue Angels Phantom.  I’m hoping it’s done by years end.  And the little funster 109 should also be done.  If it all falls together I’ll hit 10 this year.  
last year I set up my new build bench and paint booth and got a late start, but got 5 done. 

See where I'm going though .....you've 17 years worth of stock , plus who knows how many bucks 😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

So 17 years of stock. I’m 61 in a few days.  So I can die at 78 then?  
That would have been a pretty good ride, but let’s hope for just a few more.  

Maybe you need to buy some more models if that is the score ……for ‘longevity’

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2023 at 8:03 PM, PanzerWomble said:

Sell the kits have an around the world holiday 😀.....I can knock out 2 a month , so 170....thats 7 years worth for me at least.....

FYI my stash is a whole ....20 today  .( £800 tied up) ..stuff I've lost interest in or just had knocking around too long gets sold .  

Just my opinion . 🤣

Just had a stocktake , down to 17……..the big bearded fellow has one more that certain people are going to hate………..

• Like 2

I'm 76 and trying to thin out the stash as saying the models are for down the road; it's where I am now. Of course, I keep buying a few during the year and am thinking of selling off some kits that I know as much as I love them, I've already built the same ones before. Just need to think about it a bit more.:hsmack:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

I'm 76 and trying to thin out the stash as saying the models are for down the road; it's where I am now. Of course, I keep buying a few during the year and am thinking of selling off some kits that I know as much as I love them, I've already built the same ones before. Just need to think about it a bit more.:hsmack:

I keep mulling the same thing over and over.  I’ve already built 9 F-16’s and still have 6 or 7 kits. Building my 4th J phantom right now, still have two in the stash.  I also have 2 Tamiya E’s, a mix of about 6 or 7 Revell Phantoms as well.  
I keep telling myself to quit buying duplicates and the last two kits I’ve bought have been Spitfires.  🤦

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scott

It's hard to do but buying multiple duplicates is part of the 'stash disease' we all seem to have. For me, I'm just being realistic as my age, health and stage of the game, I know I'll never build them, so why keep them? The stash was for having the right kit when you wanted to build it and a nice supply for the retirement years. Things do happen, especially illness and then the realization, you will never have enough time to build what you bought and newer and better kits of the same type are always being released.  

The idea of the stash started way before seller markets such as ebay, way before the internet, when a kit was gone, it was nearly impossible to find it. Today that is no longer the case. Yes ebay, has ridiculous prices for a lot of the kits but it's still better then tying up a small fortune over the years in a zillion kits that most likely will never be built and then sold off at a loss.   

My thoughts these days, keep a few and sell off the balance that realistically will never be built and that's where I'm headed.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

It's hard to do but buying multiple duplicates is part of the 'stash disease' we all seem to have. For me, I'm just being realistic as my age, health and stage of the game, I know I'll never build them, so why keep them? The stash was for having the right kit when you wanted to build it and a nice supply for the retirement years. Things do happen, especially illness and then the realization, you will never have enough time to build what you bought and newer and better kits of the same type are always being released.  

The idea of the stash started way before seller markets such as ebay, way before the internet, when a kit was gone, it was nearly impossible to find it. Today that is no longer the case. Yes ebay, has ridiculous prices for a lot of the kits but it's still better then tying up a small fortune over the years in a zillion kits that most likely will never be built and then sold off at a loss.   

My thoughts these days, keep a few and sell off the balance that realistically will never be built and that's where I'm headed.

:rolleyes:

I have the same thoughts , I’ve bought 2-3 of the same kit when they were cheap, built one or two and then sold off the rest . I get ideas for dios but often go off them later and dump the models on eBay. As you say most stuff can be bought when you need it , I’m not a collector nor do I like having loads of cash tied up  . I sell most of what I make as it funds my hobby which has been cash neutral for a long time . Just my take tbh. 

• Like 2