Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

2024 IPMS Nationals

recon

So, the NATS were great! It was really nice to meet face-to-face with various folks, Tim, Mike, Radu, Gary, Dennis, and I know there's at least one name that I'm forgetting. (sorry) Also talking to various other people that I talked with in line, riding the shuttle, and at dinner. Our table at the banquet included Bauble  Young who was the Best of Show winner. Wow. For those on FB, 

IPMS/USA | Facebook

If it doesn't come up directly, search for his name.

And, before someone adds, I'll brag a little, I won a Z-M 1/48 F-4E Late in the Z-M raffle. That doesn't happen in a million years. I wanted to buy one but put it off 'til after the raffle, just in case. I also was lucky enough to win a 1/48 Hasegawa Maachi in the IPMS raffle that I donated to Help Heal Vets.

I also contributed to various vendors too. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave, it was great to meet you and Tim, who introduced me to Gary from GT Resins. I also met the folks behind Werner's Wings, Flying Leathernecks and Andy (again) from AndyHHQ, the gent behind ValueGear. Judy from Eagle Edition. Just so many folks that are part of the hobby in one form or another. 

As for the ZM F-4E late, I had to buy one of those as I love that marking scheme. 

Edward actually won a model in the IPMS draw and someone else who did, gave their prize to Edward as it didn't interest them. He had a great time too. Everyone was so great with him. He got a bunch of free stuff from shops. I think they were happy to see a kid that was interested in the hobby. 

• Like 4

I was just working on the photos that I took and remembered I forgot Chris who I met when he was moving his F-15 so Fine Scale could photograph it. I also realized that I didn't take photos of the large scale UAVs too. :(

• Like 3

Here is a photo from dinner Friday with the LSP/LSM members we were able to connect with (sorry to anyone there that we were not able to find). Clockwise from left are Radu, me, my wife Christie (partially hidden by Radu's noggin), David and Kathy Enders (denders), Mike (phantom of LSM, recon on LSP), and Mike's buddy Bob.

We also were able to connect with Gary Hatherly of GT Resin, and Carl (bloorwest) and son, but they were not able to attend this dinner. I'll post more photos here as soon as I can. Ernie was planning to come to Nats, but was unable due to a last minute injury (not serious), but I'll let him tell you about that.

Tim

image.thumb.jpeg.698bb5cda642d861751351bc63fdabe5.jpeg

• Like 10

I think I forgot this one with the WWII aircraft too.

ncxDKK.jpg

Helicopters, there weren't many.

OO4g8K.jpg

s9UQU3.jpg

These are some other interesting items.

JKi8Hv.jpgcLahDz.jpg

3CsNyS.jpg

iF9kIR.jpg

ZNT0Xu.jpg

iisuhT.jpg

Iz5BUQ.jpg

BC9CpO.jpg

Vac kits

goXe22.jpg

This was "Best Aircraft" 1/48 Vac Buccaneer

Nu0iKG.jpg

Doolittle Raid B-25s

CVUp6o.jpg

The 1/48 P-47 group that Dennis was involved with.

iZg1lf.jpg

That's all for me. I saw a FB post about 2,9XX models on the contest table. So, there were easily over 3000 models on site.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Great pics and, visibly, great show. Thanks for posting.

As a side note (to even an ongoing grudge 🤣 🙄) maybe there were few helos because they are (mostly) in the « wrong » scale ?

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Great pics and, visibly great show. Thanks for posting.

As a side note (to even an ongoing grudge 🤣 🙄) maybe there were few helos because they are (mostly) in the « wrong » scale ?

Hubert

I would have to doublecheck the categories, my impression was there were few helicopters in total, scale independent. These photographed were the ones that were 1/35 or 1/32. 

Another impression, in 1/48 jets, I looked through the F-4 models. From what I could see, there was one F-4C/D which listed that it was from an Academy kit. There was one F-4E which didn't list on the exposed paperwork who the kit manufacturer was. I'm assuming perhaps Z-M. All the other F-4 models were F-4Bs which I assume were the Tamiya kit.

• Like 4

Some fantastic models there, the time taken building them must be into many years, the USS Hornet was particularly fascinating for me.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

16 hours ago, denders said:

I had my 1/32 Ki-100 Alleycat conversion along, but I should have put it in the conversions instead of the prop aircraft category.

Dave, thank you so much for taking the time to post these pictures, much appreciated………

• Like 4

I think next year in Virginia, we should reserve a table specifically to promote LSM, and maybe LSP, too, since many of us are members of both. That way, there is a place for members to connect so no one gets missed. I have not decided yet if I can go, but I'd sure like to.

• Like 3