Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A; Update: 4/19/24 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

My entry which I already put in the wrong forum (Martin please remove it and I'll post by build here). Will be starting on the 25th, as I finish up my Jug build.

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A Tomcat and using the brilliant Furball Deal sheet for the VF114 Aardvarks & the Quinta cockpit set. 

Iqw5xC.jpg

C902Bk.jpg

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Peter could you please send me a link to the post you want to have removed ? Great choice, such gem of a kit.

Shall do, just have to run out and do a few errands and then I'll send you the link/post to remove.

• Like 1

Carl

Love them Tomcats. I have a Tamiya D in the stash and need to build it in the near future, as I keep hearing her call my name. 

With the GB going for the next six months, time for you to clean up some space on the bench and join in. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Love them Tomcats. I have a Tamiya D in the stash and need to build it in the near future, as I keep hearing her call my name. 

With the GB going for the next six months, time for you to clean up some space on the bench and join in. 

Peter, I hear ya. The Su-33 counts and I'm barely into that build it's so involved so I'll probably have that moved here. 

As for the Tomcats, it almost seems perfect timing in having some Reskit goodies just arrive for it. 

• Like 4

Carl

Perfect timing as the SU-33 easily qualifies for the GB.

Hoping to keep my Tomcat mostly OOB except for the Quinta cockpit set and the Furball decals. Ejection seats might be AM, not sure yet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Peter could you please send me a link to the post you want to have removed ? Great choice, such gem of a kit.

Hi Martin

I posted these two photographs in Rules for the road and maybe just delete the post itself. I p[osted them in the wrong place. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks Gus. I followed your beautiful Tomcat build and it was a gem. I built a Tamiya Tomcat a few years back and what a joy. Looking forward to building number two.

You've got a dozen decal sets ......keep you building Tomcats for a while ..thats before TOP GUN 3 comes out . 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

You've got a dozen decal sets ......keep you building Tomcats for a while ..thats before TOP GUN 3 comes out . 

How true and that's just one of a few more decal sheets I've bought over the past few years. 👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...