Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

You left out “curse”.  Multiple times. Over and over.  
I whine a lot, but I’m still having fun.  I did forget how time consuming these resin projects can be.  Off to the next rudder now and then I might start adding some legs to it. 

• Like 4

The mains are G-Factor.  (I’m sure you knew this because it was your kit at one time 🤣) Front is resin and I’m assuming Paul made it with an internal wire like he did on the Cougars gear.  

• Like 5

Slow progress. Well, it is summertime and too many distractions. House guests, floating in the lake and filtering beer through my body, taking the boat out…

IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.5847ed13c719b0b784a240adbf7701bd.jpeg

IMG_2035.thumb.jpeg.dc2d3b99875881cb3bfbe28c88746eec.jpeg

Elevators, flaparons or elevons or whatever they are called. Wiggly things on the back of the wing are up next. 
Then I’ll do the slidy things on the front of the wings. 

• Like 5

Found a little “Oopsie!” Paul made.  The wing extension at the tail on each side was about 3/16” too short.  Had to glue up some Evergreen stock and CA it in place and then shape it. 
IMG_2038.thumb.jpeg.cb753a59134bdab7adec12d77c790449.jpeg

• Like 7

One comment about another « oopsie » (from you this time, I am afraid) : the front LG shaft is not perpendicular to the fuselage line, but to the ground …

Hubert

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HubertB said:

One comment about another « oopsie » (from you this time, I am afraid) : the front LG shaft is not perpendicular to the fuselage line, but to the ground …

Hubert

Dadgummit!  You are so right!  I was confused or in a hurry when I glued this all together and I even questioned myself because it didn’t make sense. 
But here it is, right in the instructions…..”This leg sits vertical to the ground, while the airframe sits at a high angle of attack.”  
I probably got confused where it said the mains are “hanging at 90 degrees to the plane of the wing.”

Thanks Hubert. I really appreciate you catching my eff-up.  Even more appreciated that you pointed it out to me! 

Now off to try and get this epoxied in leg to move….

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Popped right out with a little wiggle added in.  Cleaned up the cured epoxy and now on to plan B.  
Build out the gear with wheels and tires and everything painted then set the nose gear.  
image.thumb.jpg.ab882dae3e9f043e6c2de909ec7cb6f3.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Hubert, any better?  

IMG_2045.thumb.jpeg.2490c12b3c45f650532503ad0f9b5ce7.jpeg

I did have an issue with the nose leg having a twist to it.  Wheels were slightly cocked to the right.  I had to modify the top of it and the pocket it sits in to get it pointing straight.  

• Like 5

Funny thing is, it almost needs nose weight.  Fingers crossed the flappy things on the wing don’t lift the front wheels when I glue them on.  

• Like 3

She’s definitely tail heavy.  Still sitting on the nose, but the tiniest bit of pressure and its nose up.  If I need to I can hide a little lead in the canopy fairing that slides back.  
IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.9eadd523a2caa5169b4ef6de3379a389.jpeg

• Like 5

Scott

Looking mighty good as you're taming the Cutlass for sure. Any chance of finding a way to add a bit more weight to the nose are to help prevent her from falling back to being a tail sitter? 🤞

:construction:

Hey Peter, I mentioned above I could hide some in the canopy fairing if it needs it. Maybe a little under the pilots seat too.  Honestly though, I still have to add the LE flaps/extensions, canopy and fairing, pilots seat and gear doors.  Out back I just need to add the exhausts.  It should be okay. 

• Like 1