Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Just finished sweating bullets by taping off and painting the wing tips.  No paint lift!!  Success!!  
IMG_2248.thumb.jpeg.755facbd3f3c005f687b75d5d31b8a06.jpeg

And of course I had to clean up that gray to red line as well.  
This is a milestone of progress at this point.  Not it’s just fiddly bits like gear doors and LEX’s getting painted and glued on. 
Might start some decals tomorrow too!  

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Mine will be sans missiles …but with the pylons. Btw, Fisher has done an excellent work on the Sparrows Mk1, but they had a pointy, straight cone nose. Fisher’s Sparrows have a too rounded nose, if you want to be accurate.

image.jpeg.c7a9369eed4848fc44da158ed8e5f803.jpeg

Hubert

• Like 2

BTW, I’m hoping I can have this wrapped up by the weekend before I leave town again.  If not it’s going to become an unfinished project in the display case.  
I’m so ready to move on to something else.  Zero patience left.  

• Like 1

Just got an SOS from my daughter.  Kids are sick and they need my help watching them tomorrow from noon until 4.  Yea, looks like I’m gonna get sick now too.  🙁

And I noticed those rear fins are actually yellow.  Back down to the paint booth….

• Like 1

Okay, I just threw in the towel on these Sparrows that came with the kit and ordered the Reskit set.  

As I was repainting the rear fins yellow, I just was not happy with how warped some of the fins were.  One or two I might be able to hide by placing on the inside, but more and more kept popping up.  
This morning I dropped them all in a pot of boiling water and they flattened out.  But as the day went on, the warps were coming back.  
I’m just going to proceed with the build as I can and when I’m done, I’m done.  It’s just too damned close now to throw all the hard work I did away with some ganked up looking missile fins.  

It’s one thing to skip a few details being added like Hubert is doing.  But to intentionally used warped up parts that I can replace for $20 is pants on head retarded.  Especially when I’ve already invested around $350 in the kit. 

• Like 3

Maybe too late for the offer, thanks to the jet lag, but you can have my Sparrows, which look good with no warped fins.

Just PM me your address and they are yours.

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  In typical Reskit fashion, the details are amazing.  Should have bought these the day I started the build.  
IMG_2298.thumb.jpeg.e82a7cc5cd77497f7633af90703a554f.jpeg

of course we leave town tomorrow for the wife’s continuing education conference in Asheville, so it won’t be until next weekend before I can get to work on these.  

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...