Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 ME-262A-2a/U2

I didn't know Radu did a conversion for this kit.  Wow.  And that is some shrinkage.  Water must have been COLD!!!  :rofl:

Cool that you can 3D print stuff like this.

I wonder if it would be helpful if we had a library here on LSM where people could post the 3D printing files they would not mind sharing?

Nice fit of the nose to the fuselage.  Probably the best fit of the entire kit...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I didn't know Radu did a conversion for this kit.  Wow.  And that is some shrinkage.  Water must have been COLD!!!  :rofl:

Cool that you can 3D print stuff like this.

I wonder if it would be helpful if we had a library here on LSM where people could post the 3D printing files they would not mind sharing?

Nice fit of the nose to the fuselage.  Probably the best fit of the entire kit...

In principle, the idea of sharing 3D-files seems a good idea. However, designing a 3D part can be time consuming, even if this is a hobby and we do not see the time there in the same way as working time.

Sharing a 3D-file for free means the designer looses control of the whereabouts of the said file. And who says that the file will not end up in the hands of someone who will then sell the file to others for a profit ? We already see a lot of this with music or video creations. This is basically piracy of intellectual property.

There are already some websites that share - for free or for a fee - some 3D files. This was also the principle of Shapeways, who also did the printing, but finally priced themselves out of the market.

I have already shared some printable 3D files, and asked the recipient that he did not re-share, or worse, resell, the file. But it’s a game of trust. Doable on one-to-one sharing basis, but making files available through a website or forum is opening Pandora’s box IMHO. Remember the rules that had to be established for the Xmas raffle ? Just another proof that people profiteering from others’ generosity do also exist in the modelling world.

Hubert

PS:  nice progress Jeroen. Sorry abou the thread drift.

• Like 3