The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 HK Models B-17G. Corrections, AM and Backdating.

Guest jimmydel

Wow. This is some ambitious stuff. About the time you are done they are going to release and Early G....lol ;)

Looks very good though. Can't wait to see more.

• 1 month later...

So, you're not bored yet then ??

Over the next few posts I will be showing you all how I've corrected the cockpit floor length, cockpit sidewalls, bomb bay bulkheads, angle of the bomb bay bulkheads, long nose, long tail turret, long tail, incorrect ratio between elevator and tail plane, step removal in radio room, window size and position in the nose, fat fuselage, tail wheel position, tall turtle deck and anything else I can't think of right now.

Hello everyone, my first post on this forum; loving reading the posts. I joined here because Nigel left the other forum; I guess the reasons don't need rehashing, I'm just glad Nigel is still making his corrections public, having invested (or spent!) heavily on Hk's big fort and all the trimmings, I really want this to be a special build, and would love to read how Nigel sorted all the above...any chance of an update?

Absolutely top stuff so far...please can we have some more?!??

Cheerio

The Captain

Hello Cees,

Certainly, I'm a 44 year old male, living in Somerset, Uk, interested in (mainly) aircraft from WWII, but I (usually) only build aircraft that are still flying - I used to volunteer at Duxford for the Old Flying Machine Co, and have been a Sally B supporter since I was 9!- I enjoy researching and building models with an engineering bias; I love the internal structure and technical aspects we can put into today's models- my usual models were the old matchbox, frog, monogram or Airfix range, with the occasional 1/32 or 1/24 super kit when I was younger ( birthday/Xmas ). These days I build mainly 1/24 and 1/18, although 1/32 and 1/48 are also in my stash; I just had to get Hk's b17 - then everything eduard do for her, hgw seats/belts,Jerry Rutman's Norden bombsight, Master gun barrels, MDC flexible ammo chutes and ammo, but also found an amazing 1/35 0.5 ammo belt with excellent detail ( even sharper than mdc's!) and Kits world Decals ( wish they would do Sally as 'Ginger Rogers' from LWT tv series 'We'll meet again') Together with a stack of photos taken crawling all over Sally, should give me the chance to build a really detailed model of her. So you can see why I'm so into Nigel's build! My current projects are masters for a RR Merlin and a Db 605 in 1/24 and 1/18, a Mk IX Spitfire in 1/18 ( guess which one!) and a Me 109/ Buchon conversion for the 1/24 Trumpeter Me 109 g6. I also need to learn how post photos on forums, as up to now I guess I have been a 'lurker', but you've flushed me out! You might have come across a review of the Airfix Spitfire vb for Scale aircraft Modeller I did about a hundred years ago, and if you go to the IPMS show at Telford, I won the Airfix Modeller of the Year (!) for a conversion of the 1/24th Airfix Hawker Hurricane to the Prototype- can't recall which year though!! But I don't generally show my models that much.

Sorry to hijack the thread, normal service will now be resumed! Over to you, Nigel, Sir!

Cheerios

The Captain

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

hi Cees B, Im also in the proses of building the HKM B17G and would like to emulate most of the mods your doing, so Im eagerly following your build. may I ask where you got your blue prints from.

Douglas

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...