The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

My hobby room.

RalphSarc

A small suggestion: Add another light just like that (on the right side) to eliminate shadows on your work!

I agree with Jeroen, another light on the other side would definitely help.   Nice and neat space - I've seen bigger and smaller but - as they say - size isn't everything :) :) 

• Like 2

Looks good Ralph! Glad to see another HO railroader amongst us! Sadly, my layout was torn down last year, but only so I could re-model my garage and incorporate a new one. It will be 12 x 16, running around the walls, with an open center. I plan to build display cases under the benchwork, so I can have a safe place for my 2 behemoths.

I have to say, the skill set required for model railroading has helped me tremendously in my model building, and vice versa. I bet you're finding out the same. :)

Oh, and for the record, I have an old Army buddy that lives out your way. He's a Cherokee County Deputy.

• Like 2

Oh fantastic to have a fellow model railroader in the mix. I just started this layout switching from DC to DCC witch I love.

You are right I find my skill set constructing buildings, houses and sensory etc has helped in my model aircraft endeavors!

• Like 2

Here's a picture of my train and plane room in the basement. There are other aircraft members of the ceiling Air Force hanging on the right not shown!! A also build all the buildings etc on my model railroad!

Wow, you've got ALL the toys :)  <<Not jealous, not jealous>>

• Like 1

My goodness!

Baffles me how you all manage to keep your working space tidy.

I have a large desk and a huge dinning table to work on, but stuff always keeps creeping in to the point where I no longer can see the cutting mat straight in front of me :blink:

• Like 1

I regret to report that the global <cough> headquarters of Arrow Wolf has been moved from it luxury office (read dining room) to the house's study in anticipation of a house move where I can have a proper 12' x 12' <she promised!!> garden "room" built / adapted to my specifications; i.e. spray bay, build bench & permanent photo cubical. Meanwhile a 60% reduction in space is very hard to get used to!!

• Like 4

Hi Guy.

I see you live in Guelph Ontario. My parents live on Belwood Lake outside of Fergus and I have an Uncle and Aunt along with several cousins living in Guelph!! I visit twice a year and planning a trip at the end of April!

Hi Guy.

I see you live in Guelph Ontario. My parents live on Belwood Lake outside of Fergus and I have an Uncle and Aunt along with several cousins living in Guelph!! I visit twice a year and planning a trip at the end of April!

I have a boat I use on Belwood! I will PM you my #,give me a shout when you are here!! I am over on the West Side,but as you know,nothing is far from anyone in Guelph!

• Like 1