The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM

Went today to the local supermarket and found this......

DSCN1250_zpsdbbdyn8f.jpg

A nice little box containing Diamond milling tools.....price.......2.99€ or 3.37$

I think for that price they will be very usefull for my modeling task's.

Greetz

Danny

Well ... It's that time again! ... I was hoping everything on order would be around by now ... but Tamiya's hanging back with their Mosquito ...

Meanwhile these have arrived ...

Annoying (and never changing!) is the flimsy side opening box from Revell ... I'm glad Spruebrothers pack their international packages fairly well ... these two didn't come through completely unscathed though - boxes slightly squeezed wacko.png , yet the goods are sound  thumbsup.gif

IMG_0546_zpskqsmuc0x.jpg

I thought I might give one of the AIMS Ju-88 Conversions a go at some point ... so I ordered another Ju.88 kit ... Via Amazon 

For some reason, it's come in the Pro-Modeler format instead of the ROG one that I ordered  unsure.png  ... No matter - It's the same kit in better boxing! (are you hearing me Revell????)

IMG_0548_zpszr7o7qb8.jpg

While grabbing that pair of Fw.190's from Sprue' I tagged the latest Trumpy '109 into the order ... knock 'em all you want - Trumpeter at least knows how to pack 'em biggrin.png ... wink.png

IMG_0547_zpsdea3esqs.jpg

Last ... Not too far off now, with the AFV's ... I'm basically looking around for old stock of the newer tooled Dragon gear minus the DS Tracks (i.e. with Magic Tracks instead)

This one turned up in China for reasonable $$ ... A king Tiger (Ardennes Pz.Abt 501) with a couple of sets of Fallschirm figures in box!!

IMG_0545_zpsgqyrslsq.jpg

Rog smile.png

• Like 4

Guest DannyVM

Today, the postman made me happy with some goodies for my future F-104G build.

1). Aires wheelbay's (i hope they will fitplease.gif ) and Eduard exterior PE.

DSCN1257_zpsmuhm18a7.jpg

2). DACO F-104 Stencils

DSCN1260_zps6tmaqghi.jpg

3). DACO F-104 decals

DSCN1270_zpsk8iqhesy.jpg

DSCN1271_zpsictevjnd.jpg

Once i opened this plastic bag, the fun started.......3 decal sheet's, 16 pages instruction booklet and some other surprises.frantic.gif

DSCN1263_zps5gg8nogi.jpg

There are even decals supplied for the pilots helmet vizor cover and the pilots patches.

DSCN1264_zpsar4sook6.jpg

And an enormous ammount of different markings can be applied.

DSCN1268_zpslzh970vb.jpg

DSCN1267_zps4rbhkyaw.jpg

Now i have to wait for the other goodies to arrive, in the meanwhile, i have enough to think about.popcorn.gif

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Final goodies arrived today for my future Italeri F-104G build.

DSCN1272_zpstwayaidj.jpg

CMK F-104G cockpit

Aires C.2 ejection seat

PJ Productions F-104 pilot with five different heads and helmets.

Greetz

Danny

I've got that very kit, read a review on it years ago and it seems as good as the Tamiya 1/48 version I enjoyed building, think there are a couple of sink marks here or there on the wings, but you'll spot them on the build I'm sure and is apparently an easy fix ... Enjoy.

What markings are you doing it in?

I havent decide on what scheme yet.  I have a cheap P-36 I'm going to put together to try out my bare metal skills.  If that goes well, then It will be at least partially naked!  LOL 

• Like 1

Sadly, no more kits for me, just a Italian pilot and a the big refuel thank from Aviattic (already ordered) that's all :(
Why?
My wife, a really lovely wife (even for the eye;- ), say no more, you have enough!
Don't know why, really, I do not know!
Here just a moment picture of my stash, is not that much?

FB_IMG_1435862687839_zpsr5fwlfuu.jpg[/img]

• Like 6

• Administrators

Got back from work to find this beauty here for me!

Brand new 1:24 Bugatti Model 100, from Fisher Models!

http://www.fishermodels.com/product/bugatti-100p-record-plane-124-scale

Review coming in the next week......

airframe-2.jpg

airframe-1.jpg

cockpit-stuff-7.jpg

Also, Radu sent me these for review too....so coming your way as soon as I have a workshop again!

RB-K32003%20Boxart.jpg

1:32 Fokker E.II/E.III/E.IV PE wing/tail set for WNW kit.

Kit.jpg

• Like 2

Got this little beauty yesterday:

9441_0.jpg

unfortunately, it had no instructions! So I need to bone up on Japanese and see if I can find them online, unless someone can help me?

Its a beautiful kit, would love somone to make it in 1/16 scale (I know they do the Panzer II B in 1/24)

• Like 1

Got this little beauty yesterday:

9441_0.jpg

unfortunately, it had no instructions! So I need to bone up on Japanese and see if I can find them online, unless someone can help me?

Its a beautiful kit, would love somone to make it in 1/16 scale (I know they do the Panzer II B in 1/24)

Send them an email here:

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

Today i went to my local hobbyshop to buy this jewel :

DSCN1395_zpszh9p2e7e.jpg

It's a very nice book, with lot's of tips and photo's for all of us aircraft modelers.

Greetz

Danny

Bargain I couldn't pass up, although not the biggest fan of late Tiger 1's, I might try a late war, last ditch hybrid:

SAM_1983_zpssfww5g7w.jpg

And Revell's 1/144 Space Shuttle stack, I'll replace the crawler with the paper model version. Been waiting for this to pop up on ebay:

SAM_1984_zps1748cjzk.jpg

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

From the moment i've seen this, i wanted one, so i decided to order it right away, together with some drills and a pin vise.

DSCN1424_zpsolbhhbca.jpg

DSCN1425_zpstta06tji.jpg

The Jigster is a really handy tool, for holding, folding, bending and other duty's, and from the moment i had it in my hands it proofed it's effectiveness.

For an in depth view, here's a link from ushi website:

http://www.uschivdr.com/shopping-categories/shop-tools-hardware/

And as alway's, Alex gives you a really fast and nice service.thumbsup.gif

Greetz

Danny