The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest styrenedemon

And the next LSM project has arrived. Trying my hand at some AM this time around. Watch for the WIP thread to pop up soon.

4F51DF92-E648-4869-B69F-C0BA79517571-180

• Like 2

Nice Spit and aftermarket!

Where did you pick that lot up?

I just got the BigEd for the He111 for £65 all in - a lot of money still, but would love to know anywhere cheaper?

Guest styrenedemon

Nice Spit and aftermarket!

Where did you pick that lot up?

I just got the BigEd for the He111 for £65 all in - a lot of money still, but would love to know anywhere cheaper?

I ordered the Spit from Scale Hobbiyst (best US kit prices usually) and the resin from Sprue Bros.

That's a beautiful kit Styrene!  Great AM too.  

PS: Master do superb brass cannon barrels by the way ... http://www.arrow-wolf.com/product/master-hispano-20mm-cannons-in-fairings-for-spitfire-c-wing-tamiya/

if you pardon the plug!!

Yes I know. I plan to go with some of those, and I still need to find a decal sheet I like. I'm just letting my hobby budget meter regenerate a little bit after this and the show hauls last weekend.

• Like 1

Guest styrenedemon

I hope the Lightning is in the short stack because I'd really like to tackle one in the next 3-4 builds and would love to see how good a kit it it.

Decal sheet? This totally calls for some custom masks!

That's the route I'm going. I just had a wonderfully positive interaction with Joe at Scale Precision so I'mgoing to get a set from him.

The slow boat from China sped up a little bit:

null_zpsdf868f02.jpg

The box is bigger than the one for the Hobby Boss P-61Nice.

I started this kit, then had to pack up and move. I have not got back to it yet. I think you will find it so-so. I think it was over engineered like the P-47. There are some fit issues, but certainly not an issue for you guys. I kind of got frustrated with it towards the end, then had to pack it away. I keep pulling it out and telling myself to finish it. Really, it is a nice kit and I do want to do it justice but got to the point where shading was going to start and I am still a bit nervous about destroying such a good kit.

paul

Guest styrenedemon

Well my frustration level is directly proportional to the cost/expectations level. If the Academy 48th sprue-o-poo doesn't go together so what...it was $7...a $100 kit though... :angry:

For my first non-WWI acquisition I went for this bad boy:

4a99e4f725897e938725024ef8215f10_zps6784

On sale for $40 from LuckyModel.

Then I got this one. It was intercepted by my household customs agent, but she let it go without much fuss. I think that's mostly because she doesn't know about the three other kits I just bought. She's also the appropriations committee, so I'll have to back off for a while.

fa9911ff6782d5d55761d4351d5e8b0f_zps0a07

I think with life oriented commitments, you can expect to see WIPs up here some time in early 2017.

Lindsay

• Like 2

Well.... I haven't got it just yet... But I just pre ordered this!! My ass is grass if my wife finds out!

krabice_spolu_corel9.jpg

Each kit is made to order, which takes about 4 months... Which I can understand looking at these pics!!!

catalina_32_058.jpg

catalina_32_074.jpg

catalina_32_079.jpg

Of course it the kits not going to end up as a PBY-5a... but and PBY-5 in RNZAF markings of course!

2343065578_5b72d40d4c_z.jpg

• Like 5

Stunning !! I used to watch these being used as Coast Guard aircraft in Majorca and the Balearic Islands when I was much younger.  I love the PBY / Cat.  They have an ugly but beautiful appearance.

Can I be rude and ask, how much ?? 

• Like 1

Can I be rude and ask, how much ?? 

200 Euro to Pre Order

400 Euro once the kit is complete...

and 22 Euro for shipping..

Its not cheap! I think I just blew my modelling budget for the next 5 years!

• Like 1

Holy $%& Dave !!! 

That looks A-MAZE-ING in every possible sense. Is the kit a mixture of media or all resin ?

Cant wait to see more when you get this. Dont worry about Mrs J....Im sure she will be more than understanding once you have grovelled for the next 20 years lol ;-)

Martin.

Yeap its all Resin and PE... I think the wings are made of Fibre glass too

I'm going to try to keep this one secret! So she doesn't find out :ph34r:... If not... this is going to happen! :popo:

Dave's entire modelling budget is going on paint this year.....B-17, He 219, Catalina ;)

So true! I just plonked down $50 worth of Metallic's for the Flying Fort!

• Like 1

The slow boat from China sped up a little bit.

The box is bigger than the one for the Hobby Boss P-61!

Where did you buy that Matt / what price? Am after one of those if 'the price is right' ;)

What's shipping? Mine was $57 +22-23 shipping.

Yes

Links please because I can't see anything like that

Shipping is key

Plus for UK eBay is not great unless the guy will mark it way under value

Hence LuckyModel (also HobbyEasy btw) get so much custom from us guys

Speaking of LuckyModel they have Tasca Shermans for $50 shipped which is awesome

I will be ordering 3 very shortly before I miss them (like I did with the Ta152...grrrrr)

;)

200 Euro to Pre Order

400 Euro once the kit is complete...

and 22 Euro for shipping..

Its not cheap! I think I just blew my modelling budget for the next 5 years!

Don't worry, just ask Mr Jackson to make another film - that should more than cover it ;)

• Like 1

Holy 20 pounds of resin, Dave!  That kit looks awesome, can't wait to see it done!

Indeed! I am thinking its going to weigh 20 pounds!

Don't worry, just ask Mr Jackson to make another film - that should more than cover it ;)

I wish I could claim it as a work expense!

• Like 1