The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Jeroen,

The is a house in New Orleans- No, that's not it.... there is a book written about/( by, I think Cpt Eric Brown, Brittish test pilot) Called something like captured Luftwaffe aircrafts of ww2. .frontcover shows a pair of Me-262s. One chapter is dedicated to the Arabo: both the Americans and the Brittish ones..there's some good klear pictures of your bird in it...

I can't get to it as most of my books are in storage at the moment but Kagemusha and likes should have it (I think)

Hope it helps.

Happy new year and all the best

Ted

Well checked it and I don't have it anymore unfortunately. Perhaps the book warprizes is a good source of info. Used to have it but alas no more. I regularly sift through my books and dispose of the unwanted ones ( and being a RAF-Modeller...)

The book by Eric Brown described British captured German test flights but if I remember correctly there were not a lot of pics and only a cockpit drawing in black&white.

Cees

• Administrators

Made some small progress today. Gear is almost done. The MDC resin wheels fit great. Just adding the brake line now from 0,6mm lead wire.

Also made the open access hatch from strips of green card. Only need to add the door handle.

The poleax glass is packaging material i found in the fridge :)

E2E0FB2C-413E-4847-86B5-4936C033D053_zps

The front gear suddenly missed it's two extra pistons. I'll add these once the gear is installed. Think that will be easier...

6AA18599-1A3C-46E0-8EF2-8BBF6508D1CF_zps

2ACC19FA-4A80-409F-9C70-7B1506B5C722_zps

• Like 4

• Administrators

Thnx guys!

Spent most of the weekend moving my hobby gear to my new man-cave, so I didn't get much done on the 234.

Sprayed some thin grey in places I wanted to check for irregularities. 

The only thing I'm not too happy with is a slight 'overbite' of the upper glazing on both sides. Managed to get rid of it 100% to the rear and front. Luckily the black framing of the windows borders to this problem which will make it less apparent. 

I hope...

EE4EFEF1-F2CA-42C0-B6CB-248F26A270A2_zps

EA705CBA-C878-46F8-9459-6BA90A7FC113_zps

• Like 1