Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

HK's latest Mossie out mid May!

Artful69

I notice that Neil isn't showing the louvres on either side of the carburettor intake trunks introduced from around the B Mk 25 - this would enable later versions to be modelled like the B Mk 35.

Also, now that we are in the 2 stage era, the possibility of night fighter and H2S equipped versions rear their heads - delicious!

Just saying!

Steve S. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, mgbgtv8steve said:

I notice that Neil isn't showing the louvres on either side of the carburettor intake trunks introduced from around the B Mk 25 - this would enable later versions to be modelled like the B Mk 35.

Also, now that we are in the 2 stage era, the possibility of night fighter and H2S equipped versions rear their heads - delicious!

Just saying!

Steve S. 

You're bloody obsessed with louvres!!! ;)

As you say though, those don't apply to the versions modelled in this release as they are earlier. 

"The Devil is in the detail" James, as I'm sure you know!! 

I'm trying to build this version as a B.35 so louvres, shown in the "new" plans for parts J1 to J4, apply and as I'm only a 'kit basher' with limited skills. I'm looking for Neil to "save my bacon" and bring them out - or does this suggest even more boxings of even more versions coming in the future?? Exciting ain't it!!??

Steve S.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I think the original plan was a B.Mk.35, but as in a lot of kit development, things change. The original instructions I sent you were also in development, and it's likely that HK revised their plans so as not to complicate things at this stage. I recall the kit was behind schedule. The idea to settle on a Mk.IX and Mk.XVI will have been for numerous reasons, whether through information (or lack thereof), and maybe scheduling (distributors like to push as hard as consumers!) 

Anyway, just for Steve, here are some louvres. ;)

2UL at the Royal Mail sorting office in Northampton-2744b5bb.jpg

• Like 2