The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

King Tiger build in an Army tent

14 hours ago, GusMac said:

Don't drop anything coz that grass on the floor looks pretty thick! :lol:

I already lost a little handle piece for the scape hatch, I did not eve look for it as it fell in the grass.

• Like 1

A King Tiger in the grass, that is fitting :D. Just a courageus effort or the birthplace of a new discipline in extreme modelling, like Show me the worst place to build a Kit in.

Can't wait to see someone Building a 'Mörser Karl' underwater or a 'Spit' under Zero-G-Conditions :lol:.

• Like 3

One thing to mention, there is not going to be any extra detailing or aftermarket stuff on this build.  The purpose of this kit is simply for me not to be bored, therefore I will even paint it with any paint I want on a what if scheme.

IMG_3745.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Looks good so far. As for the 'what if' scheme, I may suggest painting the first Tiger in US-Woodland-camo-pattern :D.

Cheers Rob

Hmmm, I did not think of that, it may be a neat scheme.  What I was thinking was a what if Luftwaffe airfield defense unit, painted with RLM colors, kind of a 1946 idea.

Now you made me think about your sugestion, dark brown, brown, tan, dark green and olive drab.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

That is what I meant, your trousers (workbench) caused the initial thought. But I think it is not too easy to realize, specially in the field.

Cheers Rob

I'll give it a try.

3 hours ago, GusMac said:

That's some lovely work given the conditions you're working in. :)

Thanks.  It is definitely difficult due to interruptions, lighting and a voracious grass (tent floor) that eat a few pieces.

• Like 1

I can't really remember, why I use a workbench anymore, some utility pants do the job, lots of cargo space for glue, tools and brushes and for difficult assemblies a piece of cardboard for the thighs. All illuminated with a headlamp and of course gloves for wintertime. A new trend is born OUTDOOR MODELLING.

Have fun, Rob

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

I have completed my field training with the Army. Unfortunately I suffered a little accident which left me with a concussion and a badly sprained right hand wrist rendering me useless for modeling. I will post soon an update on the King Tiger and on the 32nd scale Tony.

Best wishes from the other side of the Atlantic, get well soon.
I learned in your Tiger-field build that there are no real obstacles for you to finish a model, did I mention the left hand by the way..., just joking :).
I hope you recover fast and completely.

Cheers Rob