The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Are you building the 1/32 scale, or 1/48 ?  I have heard that the Zoukei Mura's are a bit like WNW kits, in that they seem to be engineered to the max. 

I have seen this kit in photos that look, outstanding.  I know your build is going to be cool.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, RichO said:

Are you building the 1/32 scale, or 1/48 ?  I have heard that the Zoukei Mura's are a bit like WNW kits, in that they seem to be engineered to the max. 

I have seen this kit in photos that look, outstanding.  I know your build is going to be cool.

Thnx Rich!

This is the 32nd scale offering. The kit is indeed over engineered. In the sense that you'll never be able to see all the fins inside the engine. But it's still cool knowing they're there :)

I've heard this kit is sweet to build. We'll see!

• Like 2

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Will this one be another wingless effort? :D

HortenHo229_unloading.jpg

Cheers Rob

Hehehe, what took you so long? :)

As a matter of fact I'm planning on sticking the wings on for a change! That's right.

Since I'm going to replicate the NASM machine I have every reason to leave the wings off, but I love this plane too much to clip it.

Hi Jeroen, next to the kit and some AM I own the Zoukei Concept Notes in my stash.
http://volksusastore.com/webstores/scale/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=4154

There is more detail about the Horten in this one then in others about different planes e.g. TA-152, covered by Zoukei Moura. Lots of historic and museum shots, a 1/48 technical drawing and some different builds of the model, which tackle different techniques by the way building the Hortens. The Zoukei Horten seems to be based on the measurings of the one on display in the Smithsonian Museum in the United States.

I havent really decieded about how to finish mine, options are a non covered, stripped one, or a ready to flight one.

Have fun with yours

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...