Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

On 12/19/2018 at 2:35 PM, Wumm said:

It serves a purpose for the modern Enthisiast. Mustangs are selling like hot cakes in this market; 2200 over the last three months, outstripping the local GM product family sedan. Roush has a dedicated tuning outlet now in Melbourne. The Australian Touring Car series will have Ford Mustangs competing for the first time in over 30 years. People are looking towards these unusual models to stand out from the crowd.

Me, I'd have the rear seat out of that Green Meanie, throw on some slicks and be doing Track Days. That's a car for DRIVING!

OK, I just saw new Bullitt in person and it is one sick machine. Very sleek lines indeed.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

OK, I just saw new Bullitt in person and it is one sick machine. Very sleek lines indeed.

A friend of mine says there is one at a local Ford dealership near here,  and they were ( are) asking 10 grand over retail for it....... maybe that's why it's still in the show room?:censored:

• Like 2

• Members
On 3/15/2019 at 2:35 PM, Martinnfb said:

Sweet, keep us posted Jeff.

I picked up some goodies too :)

DFUD7096.thumb.jpg.c2f86b3544c3d97ca96c1839e2cb8f2c.jpg

some engine bay clean up

IMG_0372.JPG.bb7410cd0784ea08c58371cd2a37f428.JPG

and back to hibernation 

IMG_0373.thumb.jpg.39fc84d782984314863a8ea53e999aff.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet, Martin!  I'm going to look at a black 2103 GT next weekend.  Wish me luck!

• Like 3

As sure as eggs is eggs, if I had to pick one of those Capris, it would be the 2018 Bullitt. 

aBzvUXa.jpg

Can't wait to have my ponies back...

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about my 2008 Bullitt - the decklid emblem. 90 USD of cheap looking plastic...

jCltlSW.jpg

My wife has made three things perfectly clear: If I should ever plan to add another Mustang to the pony stable, it's got to be a convertible, it's got to be built before 1970, and it's got to be blue... 

• Like 3

Thanks, Martin. But I'll leave it like that. It's cheap and crappy plastic, but it's authentic cheap and crappy plastic.

It was just something I noticed when I was rebuilding the car and had to order a new one. The original badge somehow "got lost" prior to shipping to Germany...

• Like 2

I mean, it can be useful. my car has the 50th anniversary badge in there. Initially, I was thinking about deleting that , but later I realized that its s actually very useful handle if you want to close the lid without touching the paint. 

IMG_0166.thumb.JPG.120a351f5bd565dc69aecb4ad2c1c29b.JPG

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

hmm, I see. the original Capri had a gas cap in there and it didn't look any better :)

It looks just right - well hung.  And I'm damn sure the value of that gas cap alone easily exceeds the 90 USD price tag of the 2008 decklid emblem...

By the way...
The car on the left is a Mustang. The one in the back is a Capri.  ;)  :sofa:

• Like 2

Just an idea since the new Bullitt has it as well.

Nevertheless, in past few days I've been taking care of that delimitation BS. myself.. I know what you guys thinking, but have no more energy to deal with the insurance company . And I can't afford to shed blood at the repair shop so I started scary process of sanding and coating the seam line. 

Today I took marking tape off and gave a quick sanding with 2500 grit , clay bar action and tomorrow I am planning to polish the poop out of it.

MFPM0402.thumb.jpg.79f9e830dbf62b33ff1cbd3b33f978cb.jpgXOTY0234.thumb.jpg.0edd0183dfb2f972c168b206f24928fd.jpgYHUT5606.thumb.jpg.a36211591c6a3264b170ef9d4e763080.jpg

• Like 4

So here is a cool thing , for you guys , who like me, that have a tall ride................ as I seem to be somewhat of a short ass....( apparently I was built wider than higher....huh...)  and my new ride is very tall. I tried to wash the roof, ( in the few minutes when the sun was shining....) and I found I couldn't reach the upper center of the wind shield or the roof, and even with the ladder it was most difficult, as I didn't really want to lean on the new paint.......... so.................I ordered one of these

https://store.chemicalguyscanada.ca/hol131-premium-chenille-microfiber-car-wash-mop-an.html 

But it hasn't stopped raining in a few weeks, so it has yet to be put to the test, BUT the reason for this post, is, that I called the Chemical Guys here in Canada, I spoke to 'Paige' , the customer service rep, and she was VERY nice and handled my questions ( at the time it showed out of stock , so I called to ask when it would be there, she was having them unloaded at that moment) , anyway, she answered my questions and I then placed the order....................... so here is the crux of this matter...... I was SUPER Impressed with the Chemical Guys customer service, and the package came Lightning Fast, I'm talking like in a few days right across the country! Packed in a great box, and was exactly what I was wanting..... I just thought that you car guys should know that my experience with the Chemical Guys here in Canada was a very positive one, in case anyone may wonder about them..... I would buy from them again ............... IF the sun ever shows again, I will give this a go.... I'm hoping it isn't too flimsy, although it looks good....... just an FYI

• Like 3

sssooooo, quick update............... first off, the SUN came out for a very brief time today, so I jumped on CLEANING the CRAP off my NEW ride....... I did give her a bath, and I used the new long handle wash mitt explained in the previous post................ IF any of you guys have a RV, or a high ride like mine, this thing worked PERFECTLY as advertised..... I was quite impressed......I'm thinking I may have to be careful with it, but it did the job very well...... which eliminated the ladder and the threat of falling my fat ass against the paint, and it was dead easy........ just thought for any of you guys with a high ride or RV that you need to reach, this may be a consideration..... again just an FYI, as I don't get anything for endorsing............................ damn eh??

• Like 2

:omg: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THAT is gorgeous................ I bet you coaxed it, didn't you???   You said " come home with me and I will bath you and feed you, and take care of you and love you".............................. don't lie , you taunted it, to follow you home...... wow Mike, what  a beauty and instantly collectable too..... congratulations, Cathy and I ( Corvette people ) wish you many happy safe miles in her..... now ........................... LIGHT 'EM UP !!!!!!!!   A REAL Boss 302...... how cool is that??

• Like 2