The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Lancaster B Mk.I, R5868, PO-S (S-Sugar)

• Administrators
8 hours ago, smitty44 said:

James, it looks as if the landing gear can be left off until after painting. What say you? 

I couldn't really say. It could be tricky to attach later. 

As the wings can be painted separately, and the gear is easy masked off, I don't think you need t leave them off until last.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 6:40 AM, James H said:

Cheers guys. A nice model, not without faults, but it does fit together well.

Time needs to be spent correcting the various errors and omissions along the way. 

And yes....just one photo ;) 

Good now you can work on something else and post!

Ryan

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 3:27 PM, CrankyCrafstman said:

Hi James, not being a Lancaster affishinato, what is the round grey part that is sitting on the little part of photo etch that bends down through the opening in the IP? Is that a compass and is it a part from the kit? It didn't come in my Airscale kit.

Airscale have reduced what they give you for the Lancaster cockpit now. What’s there looks great but the levers and so on have gone. I have written to them asking why.

• Like 2

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, avro683 said:

Airscale have reduced what they give you for the Lancaster cockpit now. What’s there looks great but the levers and so on have gone. I have written to them asking why.

It still shows them on the website.

What makes you think they removed them? It makes no sense. It would require the fret to be re-designed for the sake of changing that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, James H said:

It still shows them on the website.

What makes you think they removed them? It makes no sense. It would require the fret to be re-designed for the sake of changing that.

They have altered the fret. All you get now are the various panels, transfers and associated acetate. The text on Hannants and the Airscale site reads “holes and slots are cut for levers and switches (not supplied)”.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, avro683 said:

They have altered the fret. All you get now are the various panels, transfers and associated acetate. The text on Hannants and the Airscale site reads “holes and slots are cut for levers and switches (not supplied)”.

That's a shame. He put the work into them. Maybe they caused more quality issues than they were worth.

• Like 1

I think the instructions refer to small toggles and switches rather than the much larger throttle levers. 

Looking at the photos that Peter posted on LSP of the completed PE fret, the throttle levers are in the middle of the sheet. To me, it wouldn't make sense to change it. 

Carl

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 10:57 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I think the instructions refer to small toggles and switches rather than the much larger throttle levers. 

Looking at the photos that Peter posted on LSP of the completed PE fret, the throttle levers are in the middle of the sheet. To me, it wouldn't make sense to change it. 

Carl

Hi Carl, it hasn’t been changed, the picture and text on the Hannants website where I got my information from are incorrect. I understand that they have been asked to update the details on their site with the correct picture.

• Like 2