Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Lancaster Dambuster conversion now available.

James H

• 3 weeks later...

After much consideration I have decided to plump for one of these conversions, so will be building my Lanc as a Dambuster.

I am looking for some reference material for it, so if anyone can guide me to some good reference that tells what was removed/replaced from the original Mk.B1/111 I will be eternally grateful.

Obviously, I will be doing a review of this in my Lancaster upgrade series over on You Tube.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 minute ago, NigelR32 said:

After much consideration I have decided to plump for one of these conversions, so will be building my Lanc as a Dambuster.

I am looking for some reference material for it, so if anyone can guide me to some good reference that tells what was removed/replaced from the original Mk.B1/111 I will be eternally grateful.

Obviously, I will be doing a review of this in my Lancaster upgrade series over on You Tube.

The Mark Postlethwaite book is excellent and has rendered internal and external graphics by Piotr Forkasiewicz

• Like 3

2 hours ago, James H said:

The Mark Postlethwaite book is excellent and has rendered internal and external graphics by Piotr Forkasiewicz

Thanks James.. more money I dont have!!:(

EDIT:- Bought it.. what a lovely book!! Cant wait for it to be delivered.

• Like 2

If  you are going to do the Dambuster, you need this book.  I used a lot of inforomation for the Tamiya build.  Not right down to the nuts and bolts but; better than OOB.  You will find it invaluable.

DSC04358.JPG

DSC04355.JPG

DSC04348.JPG

DSC04347.JPG

DSC04338 (2).JPG

• Like 3

here are some pics of the conversion done at the BCMC in Nanton Alberta this past spring, the ONLY one in the world dressed as a Dam Buster..... the bomb spins like a charm, extremely well balanced...... hope this is of some use....

Upkeep installation closeup.jpg

Upkeep installation side angle view.jpg

Upkeep installation.jpg

• Like 2