The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

26 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

It’s not silent, but pretty darn quiet for a compressor.  Especially one with an air tank.  At the end of the run cycle, pressure switch that releases the air will get your attention though.  
If I had a tv running near me, it would not be a problem. 

Thanks for the info. I think it'll work nicely for my needs. 

My original compressor was a Silentaire and that was truly silent. You barely heard it. The airbrush was louder than it. But it's got a leak somewhere and a new one is almost $2K!!!. 

My current one is a Badger but as I said, is underpowered so runs a fair bit. 

• Like 2

My “other bench” at home.  Few years back I made a headboard for my daughters bed.  Now she wants a foot board to match it.  Out came the table saw, plainer and jointer…

uhTqq5.jpg

And of course the rain came a day early and the ‘66 sat out in the rain.  

Extra points if you can spot the model kit in the pic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Working on a Tamiya M51 Israeli Sherman.....

Had a misshap last night... Broke off the right tail light and had to search for it

for a long time before finding it and managing to glue it back in place..major headache.

Otherwise no other problems. The fit has been very good with this kit. I've left off the

suspension units to facilitate painting later of the tires and return rollers....I'll mask the

areas where these glue on when painting to get a good bond when attaching these later. Still have a ways to go.....

DSCN0847_kindlephoto-47763185.jpg

DSCN0848_kindlephoto-47743465.jpg

DSCN0846_kindlephoto-47703016.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Couldn’t stand seeing my bench empty waiting on the Dec 1 group build.  Grabbed an oldie out of the stash.  

5B42BDCF-BEDA-4035-9E38-78E419935147.jpeg

of course I can’t do anything simple. Trying to make it look like my old Z-28

wPFvYE.jpg

More pictures please. I've always wanted to see what these look like. 

Almost got a '70 Firebird for free. A friend of my mom's offered it to me but my folks didn't think I'd like it so didn't ask me if I wanted it. Rust free all original BC car too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Almost got a '70 Firebird for free. A friend of my mom's offered it to me but my folks didn't think I'd like it so didn't ask me if I wanted it. Rust free all original BC car too. 

john-cena-wwe.gif

• Haha 7

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Well, ok….

4842EC29-34CD-4214-956D-7765B45D4760.jpeg

The tape is to cut in T tops since I customized my ‘73 with a later model T top roof.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

And of course you’ve gotta have the sexy split bumpers that they left off the kit.  So I cut some corners. Literally.  Found some left Over sprue from the F-16 project and snipped out the corners and doing a little shaping. 

4B753908-EE39-4ED4-A68E-9CB9B33C3EF3.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Playing with the airbrush and trying some completely freehand camo work. 

PXL_20221110_040058562.thumb.jpg.d9321ba90c4879c0c1d573e5b39c5316.jpg

1061047097_PXL_20221110_040313992_exported_2140_16680530275202.thumb.jpg.cb7422055d330a9b9518f70b92f9d78d.jpg

Looks like a fun kit. That's cool. I'm looking forward to working on a camouflaged

subject (after the M51 I'm working on)......might be a Steyr 1500 or a Jagdpanzer ..who knows? I think I'm done..,for now, with my Tamiya buying streak, or as I might call it, "Mr.

Toad's wild run".. and will start building! 

Paul.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Okay, a long time coming.  Biting the bullet and no more excuses...

PXL_20221111_215221411.thumb.jpg.98041144d4ff6dab3a554d258bcfdcae.jpg

Almost bought one of those, but I’m a bigger Trekkie than a Star Wars guy.  My kids don’t get it.  Proves it’s a generational thing.  But I was there on opening day in a sold out theater for Star Wars.  Had no idea what we were going to see other than some space movie. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Almost bought one of those, but I’m a bigger Trekkie than a Star Wars guy.  My kids don’t get it.  Proves it’s a generational thing.  But I was there on opening day in a sold out theater for Star Wars.  Had no idea what we were going to see other than some space movie. 

I saw the original on school field trip. They bussed the whole school downtown to a theatre to see it. 

I had the 1/350 Refit Enterprise but Sue felt it was too big so I sold it. I do have the Bandai one somewhere.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I saw the original on school field trip. They bussed the whole school downtown to a theatre to see it. 

I had the 1/350 Refit Enterprise but Sue felt it was too big so I sold it. I do have the Bandai one somewhere.  

Oh boy, my wife is in for a surprise!  I have the TOS and the Refit. (And the Klingon D7 in 1/350. It’s a resin kit)  I’m going to have to do some reorganization just for the Seaview I’m about to start.  She kind of ruined my “Man Cave” when we moved in by thinking it would be a great gathering area for company.  Couch and recliners in front of a large TV, her grandmothers old server set up as a “bar” that never gets used.  And we have a small bar area in the kitchen as well.   My plan is to slowly dominate the room with my essence of man toys and push her nicknack crap out slowly.  Maybe I can train some termites to eat grandma’s server and touch nothing else? 
The room has been used exactly once like she set it up for.  And that was the week after we moved in and our daughter invited all her college friends down for a weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Oh boy, my wife is in for a surprise!  I have the TOS and the Refit. (And the Klingon D7 in 1/350. It’s a resin kit)  I’m going to have to do some reorganization just for the Seaview I’m about to start.  She kind of ruined my “Man Cave” when we moved in by thinking it would be a great gathering area for company.  Couch and recliners in front of a large TV, her grandmothers old server set up as a “bar” that never gets used.  And we have a small bar area in the kitchen as well.   My plan is to slowly dominate the room with my essence of man toys and push her nicknack crap out slowly.  Maybe I can train some termites to eat grandma’s server and touch nothing else? 
The room has been used exactly once like she set it up for.  And that was the week after we moved in and our daughter invited all her college friends down for a weekend. 

The Enterprise is around 40" long from the front of the saucer to the end of the warp nacelles. Sue saw the saucer and said she felt it was too big. I think she likes th Falcon more since she didn't thank that was too big. Good thing as I have two more in the stash. :D

I have a set of Aztec decals for the Refit and I think masks so if you're interested let me know. 

• Like 2

I have the old 1/28 Revell Dr.1 primed about to lay the yellow tonight,clear and then on to some oils for the green streaking.The other bench is about to see some rifles get cleaned after today efforts at the range.I took out the M1 carbine,FN-49 Argentine Navy Contract(only 5000 made),Fr-8 and the Mp-40 which has some teething issues.;)

woodwork 002.JPG

536280812_woodwork001.JPG

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

randomly misplaced MP-40 is priceless :)

Not this one ..wish..this is a GSG gun 9mm semi-auto the real ones 40K.I feel that the ramp for the feed needs more bevel and polishing like you would do to a handgun.It was the first time at the range today 50rds 2X failed loading and 2 light primers not a success story by any means could be the break-in also.:hsmack:

• Like 3

I was wondering how the GSG MP-40 performed.  Thought it would go good with my PTR MP-5 and MPK clones. Still working out the bugs in my K. Haven’t tried it out since I installed a real HK extractor. 
I need to join the local range and go burn through some of the ammo stash. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I was wondering how the GSG MP-40 performed.

Light primer strikes I have seen in videos Scott so not unexpected the feed a little it seems but that should/maybe a fairly easy fix.I bought the gun mainly to fill that hole in collection I would not otherwise be able to do.I shot off about 15rds as fast as the trigger would let without an issue into a berm 20yrds not aiming hit a piece of slender wood 1"X1"X10" a few times.I have already shorten the trigger pull to 1/4 of what it was for speed.Their's hope?;)

• Like 3