The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Trumpeter Avenger help needed

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.

I've been reading "Danger's Hour" about the Kamikaze attacks on the USS Bunker Hill, which inspired me to dig out my Trumpeter Avenger kit to see if one of the schemes offered was a plane off the Bunker Hill. It's not but as I was fondling the plastic I noticed I had a missing piece for the cockpit. It's part G50, the console for the starboard side of the cockpit. I was wondering if anyone might have it in their spares box if their Avenger was built with an aftermarket replacement cockpit and might be willing to part with it.

Thanks in advance, John

• Like 1

Thanks John,

Someone over on Large Scale Planes said they had one for me. I sent him a PM a few days ago with my address but have yet to get a response to it. I'll give it a week or so to show up. If it falls through I may hit you up if you don't mind

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jep1210 said:

Thanks John,

Someone over on Large Scale Planes said they had one for me. I sent him a PM a few days ago with my address but have yet to get a response to it. I'll give it a week or so to show up. If it falls through I may hit you up if you don't mind

Okay :)

• Like 2

Hi John, might we see a WIP on this?  Just love the Avenger, I have some spares as well as mine will be an RNZAF TBF-1 Target Tug and so wont need any turret parts, in case you stuff anything LOL

I have just filled all the rivet holes in my fuselage, however I am not sure it was worth all that effort in the end.  Nothing a heavy coat of Mr Surfacer sanded back wouldn't have sorted....oh well

• Like 4

On 2/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi John, might we see a WIP on this?  Just love the Avenger, I have some spares as well as mine will be an RNZAF TBF-1 Target Tug and so wont need any turret parts, in case you stuff anything LOL

I have just filled all the rivet holes in my fuselage, however I am not sure it was worth all that effort in the end.  Nothing a heavy coat of Mr Surfacer sanded back wouldn't have sorted....oh well

Yup, I have a few builds in progress to finish before it, but I'll definitely post a WIP when I start it.

• Like 3