The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

The Absurdity of it All. Huge airplane models.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I was under impression that this project died during the civil war in Ukraine .  

I thought it was dead, too. Nice looking transport, though. She certainly has “the look”.  Antonov’s got some serious issues even producing legacy designs these days, never mind new stuff.

They need a western partner. If not Boeing, then what about Airbus or Bombardier? Or even Embraer?

• Like 3

I think there was an attempt to produce An-70 in cooperation with Airbus, but again it was maybe just a political facade to free Ukraine from dark forces, etc. Correct me if I am wrong, it feels like Ilyushin is the future of heavy lifters in Russia. Or China will pick up the pace once Trumpeter goes 1:1 scale :)

• Like 3

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

I think there was an attempt to produce An-70 in cooperation with Airbus, but again it was maybe just a political facade to free Ukraine from dark forces, etc. Correct me if I am wrong, it feels like Ilyushin is the future of heavy lifters in Russia. Or China will pick up the pace once Trumpeter goes 1:1 scale :)

Well, they’re never getting Antonov back, unless they invade the rest of Ukraine as well.

Antonov’s old days are over, they’re future’s with the West, so swallow the pride and at least get some relevant  legacy designs back in production.

• Like 2

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Wish Kinetic would finally get this to the market. Guy at their booth told me it was delayed a bit with their new Hi Tech line starting up.

18157157_1619058678108790_6879053404612125144_n.jpg

I’ll most definitely build this one, too. Huge contest table of grey plus some blue and white transports coming up. 

Might be a good idea to grab a 1/72 A400M while they’re still out there for semi reasonable prices, too...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Battle of Lutzen ?

You are correct!  For a prize you can have two months of summer followed by the standard Canadian winter of 10 months!

Gaz

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

They were sorta reluctant to use this one:

YQqETaf.jpg

So sad that all of that great German heraldry has been lost.  I still suffer pangs of regret when I see German servicemen in berets!  Berets FFS!! 

That eagle would look sweet carrying a a nice, modern Luftwaffe Kreuz.

Gaz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

So sad that all of that great German heraldry has been lost.  I still suffer pangs of regret when I see German servicemen in berets!  Berets FFS!! 

That eagle would look sweet carrying a a nice, modern Luftwaffe Kreuz.

Gaz

Instead? Reverting back to Pickelhaube and Stahlhelm M42 again? Goosestepping?  B)
And what's wrong with wearing a beret? (As long as it's worn in a proper size and in a proper manner. And as long as it comes in the only wearable colour - maroon.)

But you are aware that a good deal of said heraldry/tradition is critically Nazi-infested or has been co-opted by the Nazis and is consequently strictly verboten in modern Germany? Which is a good thing IMHO...

On the other hand, there still is some more traditional regular-issue Bundeswehr headgear - the ubiqitous Feldmütze/Field Cap, the Bergmütze/Ski Cap of the Mountain Troops, and the Luftwaffe as well as the Marine are still issuing the good old Schiffchen/Garrison Cap. Altogether fairly close equivalents to their Wehrmacht predecessors...

• Like 4