The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

F-16. Tamiya or Acadamy?

• Administrators

I've heard GREAT things about both kits, and now have the Tamiya CJ Block 50 and the Academy block 52+ two seater.

Other than possibly Aires wheel wells, is there anything anyone really recommends other than decals, wheels, and seatbelts?

A neighbor wants to build a model with me, and possibly if we do them together, we have Great Success!

• Like 4

Just now, Clunkmeister said:

A SUFA is a SUFA, and I expect it's 1,000,000 times better than the Tamiya SUFA, which is made of pure unobtainiun.

This sir, is a true fact.  Its certainly a good kit, but the fuselage join looks like itll be quite a thing.  

• Like 5

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, TJTX said:

This sir, is a true fact.  Its certainly a good kit, but the fuselage join looks like itll be quite a thing.  

I'm a happy Kitty Hawk builder. Taking care is my middle name.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

A SUFA is a SUFA, and I expect it's 1,000,000 times better than the Tamiya SUFA, which is made of pure unobtainiun.

I was under impression that Tamiya never released SUFA , or am I missing something?

• Like 2

Building the SUFA as a USAF D right now.  Only putty I had to do was the wing joints, and it was very simple by taping up leaving the gap only exposed.  Apply putty, wait 10 min, and peel off tape.  Other area was where I installed the zacto intake.  It builds out as a very nice kit.  

I’ve done a few other things to drag it out like drooped LEX’s on the wings and the gear in half up mode, as in take off.  

• Like 3

• Administrators

Yep, if “Spanish style” is your hing, then look no further than a Greek bird. 

Oh so incredibly cool!

I have a couple pics of a CF-18B during the Libya campaign, and it was dirty like a pig is slop. I expect those jets were turning 24/7 during that little altercation, and that two seater showed every single mission. It looked like it had been hot fueling for a week straight.

• Like 2