Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Let the rigging begin.   INFINI Medium 110 (.121mm) Black Lycra thread will be used for Rotor Blade rigging.

Fa330.1.12.jpg

Begin with the Outrigger to Rotor.  Secure with tape.  This is stretchy so tug just a little so its taught.  Radu P32023 Rigging Turnbuckles are used for each line.  In lieu of tying at each eyelet thread the string through.  This will allow position adjustment of turnbuckle later on.

Fa330.1.14.jpg

The rigging from rotor blade to another is one line fed through the eyelets on the rotor wings.  be sure to install Radu's turnbuckle before securing the next rotor rigging.

Fa330.1.13.jpg

Last outrigger done.  Secure with drop of CA then carefully trim with fresh blade.

Fa330.1.17.jpg

Rotor blade rigging complete.  At this point you can carefully slide the turnbuckles to desired position.

Fa330.1.19.jpg

Test fit of rotor assembly on mast.  Color me happy.

Fa330.1.21.jpg

INFINI Medium is used for rudder, joystick cables and skid brace.  EZ Line Medium is used for joystick pulley cable EZ Line is flat and works well on the wheels at joystick base and mast base.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The most intimidating step for me will be the instrument panel.  The attachment of the IP to front tube will be executed as I noticed on the real Fa330.  I drilled out the with a 7mm drill and used  Ultra Wire size medium/gray.  Once wire is secured to the IP the wire will be fed into the front tube and secured with epoxy.

The resin pitot tube provided is replaced with scratch work.  New pitot tube was fashioned with 5.mm aluminum tube and glued to the styrene strips with epoxy.  At bottom one 2mm disc and one 3mm disc punched from sheet styrene are used to split bottom.  A .30mm hole is drilled on each strip to accept the exposed wire from the braided thread.

The pitot mount is secured to IP with thin cement.  The photoetch panel with bezels is glued to the kit IP.

Fa330.1.23.jpg

Fa330.1.24.jpg

Fa330.1.22.jpg

Fa330.1.25.jpg

Seat cushion painted Gunze RLM 81.  Panel painted with Gunze RLM 66.  IP wire is ANYZ .5mm braided thread with Ultra Wire xsmall threaded inside the braided thread to hold the bends and shapes.  I lost the build images of this.  :(

The IP wires are attached to the pitot mount.  The other ANYZ .5mm braided thread runs from base of rotor mount along frame to the IP and will be secured after IP is installed.

Fa330.1.26.jpg

IP painted and MDC Luftwaffe IP dial decals used.  You can see where the wire IP mount will fit in front of tube.

Fa330.1.27.jpg

A toothpick and clay alignment jig is fashioned to keep the IP assembly in position.

Notice the white wire behind the seat cushion and halfway up the main mast?  Think belt locators.

While epoxy cures HGW seatbelts are used in lieu of the photoetch belts provided.

Fa330.1.32.jpg

I loathe the time needed to assemble these textile belts.  However, the end result is well worth the effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Long story short.  I lost the WIP images only because of impatience with my Photo Bucket account issues and PhotoShop.   I'd always preach to my kids: "Never enough time to do it right.  Plenty of time to do it over."  This time its a lesson on me.

These images will hopefully cover enough for the parachute pack, belts and foot pedals.

Fa330.1.33.jpg

Shock cord on the tweezers is .4mm braided thread I secured at a garment store with xs Ultra Wire fed through to allow bending.  Seat belts and foot pedals in place.  Parachute pack with straps and shock cord release.

Fa330.1.33a.ChutePack.jpg

One of my reference images shows the parachute pack as a "treated canvas" pack with lots of straps.  So I got a creative.

Fa330.1.33b.Belts.jpg

Fa330.1.33c.FootPedals_2.jpg

Fa330.1.34.jpg

Flat lead wire straps adjusted to final position and secured with CA.  Epoxy applied to parachute pack mount area and shock cord glued to mast then set aside to cure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1