The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Stuka

recon

The Hasegawa one in 1/32 is quite nice. I have it in the stash and was going to start building it but I have way too much AM for it and I want to do a simpler build at the moment.

The later variants of the Trumpeter kit are supposed to be ok as well. There's an issue with the gun pods in the G version supposedly. Someone with more knowledge will hopefully come along and confirm or deny that. 

Carl

• Like 3

3 hours ago, recon said:

I am looking at building one of the above but have no idea which kit is the best/accurate to build.

All suggestions are welcome, thank you.

Mike

Hi.

I am working on a 1/32 Hasegawa Ju-87 G "Stuka". This is a very nice kit. The shape is nice, the parts fit. Strangley the canopy has the frames on the inside. This is incorrect, although models look okay. However the inside framing will appear glossy due to the clear plastic.

We shall see.

Very nice kit though.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The Hasegawa one in 1/32 is quite nice. I have it in the stash and was going to start building it but I have way too much AM for it and I want to do a simpler build at the moment.

The later variants of the Trumpeter kit are supposed to be ok as well. There's an issue with the gun pods in the G version supposedly. Someone with more knowledge will hopefully come along and confirm or deny that. 

Carl

On the real plane, the gun pods are the same but on the kit they made them mirrored, if you get what I am saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

On the real plane, the gun pods are the same but on the kit they made them mirrored, if you get what I am saying.

Yes indeed. I have been looking for alternatives but am coming up short. ATM I am just trying to clear my doom shelf and just get them done regardless. Why those pods would differ is beyond me. That is an entire production line in war torn Germany. It was little issues like this that saw me set it aside back in 17.

The shelf has become ridiculous. :D

• Like 3

I think what some people do is look for the gun pod sprue on ebay or similar to see if someone built it as a non-gun plane and are selling those parts. Chances of getting one from the manufacturer are slim since they don't make spare parts--they just rob complete kits until those are used up.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Why those pods would differ is beyond me. That is an entire production line in war torn Germany. It was little issues like this that saw me set it aside back in 17.

The BK37 in the Ju-87 was fitted inverted from the usual attitude of the Flak or Maritime guns, due to the large breach. It fed from the right on the Stuka, with two rigid clips of 6 rounds each in the right side tray. This differed from the 20mm MG151 or even larger 30mm MK108 guns, which could be fed from either side, and in the case of the '151 even rotated about the axis in Aircraft fitments to allow it to fit inside the Fw-190 outer wing stations. The smaller calibre guns allowed for handed underwing pods, however the BK37 did not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2