The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

H 34

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Oliver

Nice work on resolving the primer issue. The Model Air/Vallejo OD actually looks pretty good on my monitor and not too greenish, but the final verdict is how it looks 1:1. I have a zillion bottle of OD paint myself and not one is actually the same shade. Just go with your best feeling as colors and paint can drive you crazy.

Hi,

I ended up repainting the frame with Khaki drab, I really didnt like the OD Green.

• Like 4

Seats were faded and highlighted a step further. Worked on the doors but they also need a bit more looking at the photos. I am redoing the dashboard since the dials decals did not go down as smooth as I wanted. 

96E08AAD-D177-4A60-9BB5-107F664CFEBF.jpeg

E6A3BDB4-4740-4E6C-8D1F-47650CA95E30.jpeg

D3F9A0BF-00A5-4092-8E09-6623F9A2AC8F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Pete. Here's how it stands today . Still need to do some dry brush and light dusting. The decals put up a fight, I almost scrapped them but a heavy dose of  Solvaset came to the rescue.   I did a light filter effect using light ocre,

raw umber and white titanium, I was afraid to go too heavy.  

F4200B55-DCFA-47AB-AFB2-1EC88D210488.jpeg

E92BD398-CD70-4D40-8B45-FDFBA4F506CF.jpeg

284B6D43-C764-43EA-A1FB-4D08536FFD43.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wow, another detail outburst. I have to raise my hat to your abilities, be it scratch building or painting, absolutely jaw dropping.
Colors looking great, though I'm with Peter about the AK real colors. They spray absolutely fantastic, thinned with about two thirds of leveling thinner. I never had consistent results with AK acrylics, but never tried the 3rd generation ones, you tested.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...