The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

H 34

Looking forward to this. Heard it's a nice kit but helos have a space issue for me unless you can fold the rotors.

Only helicopter I've ever been in. Many, many moons ago I got a lift in an Air Sea Rescue one during a mountain rescue. Just about the noisiest thing I've ever experienced - probably only Motorhead concerts beat it!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Whoa! That interior looks amazing. 

3 minutes ago, harv said:

Dam, this is epic buddy. One of the few help kits I thought about getting.  Do the kit rotors fold? I have seen pics of one built with folded blades.....harv :popcorn:

Harv, there's an AM set for folded rotors. It's made by Scale Warships. I think it's the only way I'd get one too. 

Carl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I have this in my stash and it’s one of the very few non Russian helicopters I’d like to build.

But I have exactly ZERO information and reference material on these, plus, the kit is gorgeous but extremely “short run”. No locator holes, vague information on where things go, etc. so your build may just open a door for me..

Oliver, I beg, beg, BEG you my friend; show lots of pictures so those of unwashed masses can learn from the enlightened few. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Along with the non folding rotor blades, the one other thing that really bothers me about this kit is the treatment of the engine air intake. I know they were trying for a blanket FOD cover, but to me, Fly missed badly and it looks exactly what it is: a big ugly blob. 

• Like 5

I agree this kit is challenging in terms of what goes where and how.  I will take as many photos as I can of the progress.  The detail on the kit is amazing and the all the resin parts are so well casted, i guess it counters all the other  bad stuff.  I would try to get the nose redone to make an H 34 Marines version in Vietnam but I am not sure I can CAD the nose correctly. As of now I am planning a Sub hunting version of the Wessex.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1