Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

GazzaS

1980 Spahpanzer Luchs. Bundeswehr

Recommended Posts

G'day friends,

    I'm happy to complete the Takom kit.  The kit is OOB with the exception of the main gun which was replaced with a metal barrel made my Master Models, a Dragon MG 42, and three figures from Miniart which were at one time tankers for a Russian Valentine kit.  The berets and comm gear were made by me.

95119158_905430106590398_206269182811675

95680900_905430096590399_902434851798804

94883000_905430139923728_731983446531899

95139751_905430176590391_477513367464129

95440737_905430169923725_670453027789864

95594467_905430193257056_781738615431495

94883727_905430249923717_318840690533675

95265302_905430243257051_310628466962097

95754748_905430259923716_722114775192331

95254484_905430319923710_209238119757224

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Gaz and a great idea with that two part weathering. The upper side weathered only a little, with the dried mud from a recent pond crossing on the lower side, emphasizing the bow wave, nice touch.

Cheers Rob 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blooming marvellous Gaz, the weathering as Rob said is stunning, congrats..........

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice Gaz and a great idea with that two part weathering. The upper side weathered only a little, with the dried mud from a recent pond crossing on the lower side, emphasizing the bow wave, nice touch.

Cheers Rob 

Thank you!  Fortunately, I had a nice picture to give me this weathering idea.

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Blooming marvellous Gaz, the weathering as Rob said is stunning, congrats..........

Thank you!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter driving in Calgary :)  Looking sweet Gaz, nice detail, now I want to build some Bunderswehr thingie :),,,, like this one for example

Mikoyan_mig29.jpg

Cheers

M.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Martin!  I wouldn't mind doing a Luftwaffe Tornado, myself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice Luches Gaz. The weathering is fantastic too, as the others have mentioned. 

Carl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Really nice Luches Gaz. The weathering is fantastic too, as the others have mentioned. 

Carl

Thank you, Carl!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work! I had to laugh: an MG 42 on a Bundeswehr vehicle...! Is the MG 3 that similar to the old buzz-saw? Only re-chambered and re-barreled from 7,92mm to 7,62mm NATO? :sofa:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you!  Actually, many of the early 'Mg-3's' were actually had  MG 42 still stamped on the receiver.  But I haven't looked up the complete rundown on the MG-3.  I image outside of some small external differences, everything is the same except that it got altered a bit to use disintegrating belts like the M-60 uses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 8:08 AM, GazzaS said:

Thank you!  Actually, many of the early 'Mg-3's' were actually had  MG 42 still stamped on the receiver.  But I haven't looked up the complete rundown on the MG-3.  I image outside of some small external differences, everything is the same except that it got altered a bit to use disintegrating belts like the M-60 uses.

Heheh, I asked the question because I don’t know myself. But I found the notion of an MG-42 on a NATO vehicle amusing. Like having R4M A-A rockets under the wings of Starfighters...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Heheh, I asked the question because I don’t know myself. But I found the notion of an MG-42 on a NATO vehicle amusing. Like having R4M A-A rockets under the wings of Starfighters...

Interesting comparison.  But the MG 42 was well advanced for a machine gun, and the R4M was a very early rocket.  I doubt much was done to the 42 to make it a G3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...